Cashier at Eye Foundation Hospital
Posted on: 15 October, 2018
Deadline: 24 October, 2018
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Eye Foundation Hospital
The Eye foundation hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist Eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
Reports To: Banking/Sales Officer, Head of Finance
- The Cashier is responsible for receiving payment by cash, cheque, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- The cashier also count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
Your duties shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for receiving and confirming bill for patient on the system; if bill amount is correct before collection of payment.
- In case of cash payment, you must ensure that appropriate amount is paid by verifying the cash paid by the patient.
- In case of cheque payment, the Consultant in charge of the patient must sign the bill approving the cheque collection.
- In the case of direct lodgment, transfer and POS, transactions must be confirmed approved before proceeding to issuing receipt.
- Receipt(s) will only be issued after payment is made.
- Posting of transaction into the QuickBooks appropriately.
- Balance transactions at the end of the day with Accountant/ Auditor.
- Report sign by both parties on the cash to be lodged.
- Responsible for summarizing corporate bills daily, weekly and monthly.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports
- Posting of journals.
- Preparation and Updating of ledgers.
- Preparation of assigned reports.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor, manager & the Medical Director from time to time.
- Minimum of University Degree preferably in Accounting or Economics.
- Minimum of a year working experience in a similar role is required
- Ability to use an Accounting software preferably Sage or QuickBooks is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Sales skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Suitability Statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the "Position Title/Location" and the CV/Suitability Statement should be saved in the applicant's full name.
- Kindly state how you heard about the role in the mail.
- Eye Foundation Hospital Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications.
- Know More About Eye Foundation HospitalSimilar Jobs
- Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Assistant Accountant at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Accounts Payable Support at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Finance Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Finance & Grants Officer at Plan International
- Senior Executive, Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst at Nielsen Company
- Account Officer at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
- Lead Accountant at Alfred & Victoria Associates