Development Exchange Centre (DEC) is a non-government, not-for profit organization with a mandate to support rural and urban women to improve living conditions. This is pursued through the provision of social and micro finance services for socio-economic empowerment.
DEC is currently collaborating with Oxfam on a 4- year EU-funded project- PROSELL PROSELL (Produce, Feed and Sell) in Taraba State from 2018 to 2022. The overall objective is to build resilience of small-scale farmers, fishermen and livestock owners (women, youth, and vulnerable households) in commodity value chain and rural enterprise.
Locations Zing,Yorro, Takum,Kurmi,Sardauna, and Gashaka LGAs of Taraba State:
The driver will be responsible for driving project personnel, official guests and goods within and outside the project areas. The driver will also be responsible for ensuring effective maintenance of project vehicle in accordance with DEC’s organizational policies and procedures.
- Drive the project team to locations or sites where project activities take place;
- Ensure that all project vehicles are driven with care, caution and safety;
- Inform the project management when project vehicles are due for service or need major maintenance or repairs;
- Ensures that all vehicle documents are up to date as required by the law.
- Report in writing any damage or fault for vehicle repairs/maintenance
- Ensure that vehicles are cleaned both inside out on a regular basis
- Liaise prompt maintenance request
- Investigate and purchase vehicle material
- Run official errands with the organizational vehicle
- Ensure vehicles are parked in a secure place within office premises and when out for official assignment.
- Any other task as may be assigned.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCE:
- Minimum of primary school Certificate;
- Possession of valid driver’s license;
- Possession of trade test certificate
- At least 3 years of driving experience (with a reputable organization will be an added advantage)
- Ability to identify and repair/or fix minor faults in vehicles
- Good interpersonal communication, teamwork, and partnering skills.
- Understands the community/LGA geographic terrain and environment
- Respected and known by local people and leaders and known to be conscientious, of high integrity and diplomacy.
- Excellent mobilisation skill.
- Analytical, innovative and problem solving.
- Self motivated and adaptable to different contexts.
- Awareness of gender equality and justice.
- Ability to work in divers community
Method of Application
All interest candidates should send in their detailed Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter on the position applied to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org,
NB: Indigenes of the aforementioned LGAs are encouraged to apply. Applicants (Women and Men) applications will be treated with equal opportunity. Ability to ride motorcycle is an added advantage.