Fund Raising Manager at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
Posted on: 2 June, 2014
Deadline: 10 June, 2014
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Office for Nigerian Content Development
The Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT (ONC) is a development focused, Special Purpose Vehicle of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) under the auspices of the Federal Ministry of Communications Technology for implementing the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development in ICT, which came into force on December 3, 2013.
The ONC is charged with the mandate of developing an indigenous ICT industry which would make a double-digit contribution to Nigeria’s GDP. Part of the strategy is to ensure that Nigerian ICT companies participate significantly in all segments of the ICT value chain. The program aims to boost growth in key ICT economic clusters through the injection of intellectual and industrial capital into ICT industry.
The ONC is now looking to recruit highly resourceful and competent Nigerians with a passion for technology and economic development. The roles are highly strategic to national development and require a deep understanding and appreciation of global economic and ICT issues.
The positions to be filled as Technology Evangelists are as follows:
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Software)
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Hardware)
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Telecoms and ICT-enabled Services)
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Human Capital)
- Communications Manager
- Fundraising Manager
Fund Raising Manager
- Serve as the point of contact for all supporters and prospects (corporates, high net worth individuals (HNIs) and institutions); work with ONC board and ONC funders, leveraging their support to meet fundraising targets.
- Key driver of our fundraising activities, cultivating and closing relationships with HNIs, corporates and institutions bringing new people into our community and raising funds for ONC’s programs and initiatives.
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that challenging fundraising targets are met and that new donors are brought on board by engaging with donors, to develop compelling proposals, and provide strategic support and direction for organizational and program fundraising.
- This will be a target driven role, with some time allocated in the first 2-3 months to research and building relationships.
- Raise funds for ONC and establish long-term strategic funding partners to help meet its funding targets.
- Develop an understanding of ONC’s strategy and preferred approach for partnerships and fundraising from donors (i.e. HNIs, corporates and institutions).
- Develop and grow a donor base through relationship management and respond to donor’s requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organisation.
- Build a broad-based network of potential new donors through appropriate channels, including events, individual outreach and networking.
- Establish professional relationships and credibility with donors; develop multi-tier relationships with organisations
- Represent the organisation at meetings with donors and external events. Increase visibility of ONC as an organisation and publicize its mandate and achievement.
- Sales Exposure: 7-10 years of work experience (preferably in B2B sales and Customer Relationship Management), including evidence of successful sales and client management skills and independently operating in complex, autonomous situations.
- Relationship Building: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with donors. Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones.
- Communications: World-class storyteller who consistently communicates (oral, written) in a compelling manner. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Comfort with public speaking opportunities to inform and advocate ONC’s mandate and mission.
- Influencing: Able to get others to accept ideas by using convincing arguments, creates a win-win situation and responds appropriately to key stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Ability to bridge the gap between the non-profit and for-profit worlds.
- A passion for the ICT and development sectors, philanthropy, an exposure to CSR and experience of working in a similar role within Nigeria would be a definite advantage.
- University Degree preferably in Communication, Business Management, Finance or any related field.
- Membership of a fundraising institute or organization would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Please send application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th of June, 2014.
- Recent Jobs from Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Services) at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- Corporate Communications Manager at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Software) at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Human Capital) at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- Know More About Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICTSimilar Jobs
- Complaint Feedback & Protection Assistant at CARE
- Nutrition Screener/Registrar at CARE
- Cash Base Transfer Assistant at CARE
- Nutrition Assistant at CARE
- Cleaner/Office Assistant at Comercio Partners
- Program Officer 1 - Tuberculosis at Breakthrough ACTION
- AVR Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Program Administrator (m/f/d) at Malteser International