Emergency Response Manager at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Posted on: 10 October, 2018
Deadline: 23 October, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Emergency Response Manager
Location: Miaduguri, Borno
- The purpose of the Emergency Response Manager is to coordinate and lead the different emergency response initiatives in Nigeria.
- This role is responsible to lead the programme development of the emergency response and ensure quality implementation, in close coordination with core competency specialist in areas of expertise.
- The role is also responsible to allocate and capacity needed resources for the emergency.
- The Emergency Response Manager reports to the Area Manager.
- Overall oversight and management of emergency response projects covering different areas and interventions. This includes leading prioritization and validation process for interventions, developing detailed activity plans and budgets for proper delegation to the Area managers responsible of the implementation.
- Responsible for representing NRC at the coordination mechanism for emergency response and acting as the NRC focal point for Rapid Response Mechanism in Maiduguri and surrounding.
- Provide support with countrywide emergency preparedness and prepositioning of supplies if needed.
- Responsible for context analysis and development of scenarios for potential displacements in relation to the emergency response and sharing this information to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop strategy, technical guidance and SOPs for the emergency response.
- Responsible for developing and quality compliance of all donor proposals, budgets and donor reports related to Emergency response
- In close collaboration with the Core Competency specialists contribute to the development of macro Logical Framework Agreements reflecting the emergency response strategies and approach
- Ensure that key learning is extracted from the emergency response implementation, and incorporate them in emergency response and staff development processes
- Post-graduate with minimum 5 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Emergency Response expertise
- Humanitarian coordination experience
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context of Nigeria and Lac Chad
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts, multi-country disaster preparedness, response and recovery programming.
- Strong in project proposals, implementation (including finance) and reporting – aka a technically experienced person
- Strong in building teams and transferring knowledge to people reporting to the managers.
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Working with people
- Initiate action and change
- Good sense of Humour
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: October 2018
- Duration: 12 months, renewable
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Level: Grade 9 in NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with 50% travel
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Application procedures and CV registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location
- Recent Jobs from Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Mediation and Negotiation Workshop Facilitation for ICLA staff at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Know More About Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)Similar Jobs
- Enumerator - Data Collection at Save The Children
- Development Cooperation Officer - West Africa at Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
- ICS Team Leader (Volunteer Role) at VSO
- Provider Behavior Change/Fever Case Management Consultant at Breakthrough ACTION
- Enterprise Coordinator (Child Protection) at Search For Common Ground’s International
- Case Management Officer (Child Protection) at Search For Common Ground’s International
- Senior Intervention Manager - Livestock Sector at DAI
- Early Warning Coordinator at Search For Common Ground’s International