Ecosystem Development Manager (Software) at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
Posted on: 2 June, 2014
Deadline: 10 June, 2014
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Office for Nigerian Content Development
The Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT (ONC) is a development focused, Special Purpose Vehicle of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) under the auspices of the Federal Ministry of Communications Technology for implementing the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development in ICT, which came into force on December 3, 2013.
The ONC is charged with the mandate of developing an indigenous ICT industry which would make a double-digit contribution to Nigeria’s GDP. Part of the strategy is to ensure that Nigerian ICT companies participate significantly in all segments of the ICT value chain. The program aims to boost growth in key ICT economic clusters through the injection of intellectual and industrial capital into ICT industry.
The ONC is now looking to recruit highly resourceful and competent Nigerians with a passion for technology and economic development. The roles are highly strategic to national development and require a deep understanding and appreciation of global economic and ICT issues.
The positions to be filled as Technology Evangelists are as follows:
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Software)
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Hardware)
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Telecoms and ICT-enabled Services)
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Human Capital)
- Communications Manager
- Fundraising Manager
Ecosystem Development Manager (Software)
- The overarching responsibility of the person in this position is that of a technology evangelist, facilitating the growth of software companies in Nigeria, as well as in the global software market; championing the emergence of Nigerian global brands.
- The Software Ecosystem Development Manager will serve as the lead for ecosystem enablement activities for the software subsector. This position reports to the National Coordinator and is located in Abuja but may be required to have strong presence in Lagos.
- The manager is responsible for setting engagement and development strategy for assigned subsector as well as to evangelize and align the mandate of the ONC with key ecosystem partners. The manager will work closely with the National Coordinator to define and execute initiatives that lead to the actualization of defined KPIs in the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development and the Implementation Plan.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develop and drive enabling strategy for achievement of key performance indicators in the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development.
- Establish and maintain strong and deep working relationships with indigenous firms, multinationals, partners and institutions in the public and private sectors.
- Ensure compliance with the Guidelines.
- Lead programs and initiatives that will foster the proliferation of startups and the growth of startups to become established firms and corporations.
- Lead programs and initiatives to develop world-class software engineers in line with the Guidelines.
- Advocate and promote Nigerian firms and technology products
- Understand current and emerging technology trends
- Achieve set KPIs as defined in the Guidelines and the Implementation Plan
- Post Graduate degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field in ICT
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in technical marketing, business development, application engineering, or field application engineering
- Excellent track record of performance against SMART goals
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across different levels and functions
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in working with partners to understand technical requirements, design solutions and develop differentiated programs
- Post Graduate Degree preferably in IT, Engineering, Bus. Administration or Entrepreneurship
- Fifteen years post-graduation experience
- Sales or Business Development Experience of more than 7 years
- Knowledge of local Ecosystem: ISVs (local/Int’l), OEMs (local/Int’l), Universities, and Startups etc.
- Background experience working with multinational companies
- Previous position combining technical ability with people/ecosystem development
- At least 7 years experience in Mentoring and Leadership
Method of Application
Please send application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th of June, 2014.
- Recent Jobs from Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Services) at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- Corporate Communications Manager at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Human Capital) at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- Fund Raising Manager at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- Know More About Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICTSimilar Jobs
- CCNA / A+ Instructor at HiiT Plc
- Secretary at Mario Consulting
- M&E Assistant (Yobe) at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Admin. Program and Logistics Coordinator at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Office Assistant (Adamawa) at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Office Assistant (Borno State) at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- M&E Assistant at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- M&E Officer at American University of Nigeria (AUN)