This job has expired. View current and similar jobs below
The Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT (ONC) is a development focused, Special Purpose Vehicle of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) under the auspices of the Federal Ministry of Communications Technology for implementing the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development in ICT, which came into force on December 3, 2013.
The ONC is charged with the mandate of developing an indigenous ICT industry which would make a double-digit contribution to Nigeria’s GDP. Part of the strategy is to ensure that Nigerian ICT companies participate significantly in all segments of the ICT value chain. The program aims to boost growth in key ICT economic clusters through the injection of intellectual and industrial capital into ICT industry.
The ONC is now looking to recruit highly resourceful and competent Nigerians with a passion for technology and economic development. The roles are highly strategic to national development and require a deep understanding and appreciation of global economic and ICT issues.
The positions to be filled as Technology Evangelists are as follows:
Ecosystem Development Manager (Services)
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Develop and drive enabling strategy for achievement of key performance indicators in the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development.
• Lead the growth of indigenous firms in the Telecoms and Services subsector of the industry.
• Ensure compliance with the Nigerian Content Guidelines.
• Establish and maintain strong and deep working relationships with indigenous firms, multinationals, partners and other in the public and private sectors.
• Engage in advocacy and promotion of Nigerian firms and services.
• Understand current and emerging technology trends
• Achieve set KPIs as defined in the Guidelines
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experience in technical marketing, business development, application engineering, or field application engineering
• Excellent track record of performance against SMART goals
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across different levels and functions
• Outstanding oral and written communications skills, problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience working with partners to understand technical requirements, design solutions and develop differentiated programs
• University Degree preferably in IT , Engineering of Bus. Administrations
• Fifteen years post graduation experience
• Sales or Business Development Experience of more than 7 years
• Knowledge of local Ecosystem: ISVs (local/Int’l), OEMs (local/Int’l), Universities, Start Ups etc.
• Background experience working with multinational companies
• Previous position as a technology developer or ecosystem developer
Please send application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th of June, 2014.