- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Well Site Drilling Engineer at WTS Energy
Posted on: 9 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at WTS Energy
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients' projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
Well Site Drilling Engineer
Job number 25921
Type of Employment: Contract
- Perform engineering calculations and software simulation to include but not limited to hydraulics, BHA, cementing, torque and drag, daily pre-kick and well control sheet, surge and swab, LOT/FIT etc
- Assist the Drilling Supervisors (DSVs) to implement the approved drilling and completion programs on the rig.
- Manage all the contractors, including the rig, vessels, catering and all the services
- Support shore base logistics and vessel operations to timely load and offload required equipment and materials.
- Crew change management.
- Maintain list to track daily cost estimates, service company rental equipment and consumable
- Review service company field tickets and advise DSVs of any discrepancies.
- Preparation of daily drilling reports (DDR) and distribution after DSV’s review and approval.
- Follow up and quality check of service companies’ daily reports like mud logging, directional drilling, mud engineering etc.
- Assist DSVs to prepare, check and execute all critical operations like casing and completions running, cementing, etc.
- Support in preparation of End of Well and Project reports,
- Monitoring of operations performance and cost (plan versus actual) analyzing NPT (non-productive time), time-depth curve, project AFE variance analysis and KPIs.
- Follow up operations to ensure timely mobilization and demobilization of personnel, equipment and services to optimize cost.
- Ensure that Company’s HSE policies are strictly adhered and followed.
- Carry out all duties outlined by DSVs in support of on-going operations
- Minimum of 5 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 2 years as Wellsite Drilling Engineer with relevant experience.
- Experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
- Recent offshore experience (preferably Jack-Up and /or deep-water rig) is required.
- Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
- Experience using leading well engineering software is important
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Petroleum engineering (Other Engineering Disciplines may be considered e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, etc.)
- Well control certification
- Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from WTS Energy
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Technical Support Engineer at WTS Energy
- Drilling Engineer at WTS Energy
- Contracts & Procurement Supervisor at WTS Energy
- Senior Drilling Engineer at WTS Energy
- Contracts & Procurement Manager at WTS Energy
- Know More About WTS EnergySimilar Jobs
- Marine Engineer Artificer - A1 at Nigerian Navy
- Weapon Electrical Artificer - A2 at Nigerian Navy
- Aircraft Engineering Artificer (Airframe Engine) - A3 at Nigerian Navy
- Hull Engineer Artificer at Nigerian Navy
- Automobile Mechanic - B4 at Nigerian Navy
- Marine Engineer, Mechanics - B1 at Nigerian Navy
- Dockyard Mechanic at Nigerian Navy
- Hull Mechanical/Fitter - B3 at Nigerian Navy