University Librarian at Redeemer University
Posted on: 5 October, 2018
Deadline: 8 November, 2018
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Redeemer University
Redeemer’s University is a faith-based institution of higher learning, established by the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) and licensed by the Federal Government in January, 2005. It commenced academic activities in October, 2005. The vision of Redeemer’s University is to be the foremost academic institution setting standards through continuous commitment to excellence geared towards making a transformative impact on society.
- The University Librarian shall be a full time officer and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day- to-day administration and management of the University library. By virtue of the position, the University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University who should be able to provide administrative and academic leadership to the library staff.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates must have a good masters degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS/MLS) in addition to possession of a doctorate degree (PhD) in the same field.
- Candidates must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience in an academic or a research library and must also show a strong proof of continuous contribution to knowledge through research.
- There must be an appreciable evidence of scholarly publications both in quality and quantity In reputable high Impact journals.
- Candidates must be ICT literate with a considerable work experience in an automated library and must be capable of interacting with robust library management software.
- Candidates who must enjoy a good physical and mental health should have spent a minimum of three (3) years on the position of Deputy University Librarian (DUL) and must not be older than Sixty (60) years of age on assumption of duty.
Conditions of Service
- The person appointed shall be placed on a consolidated salary and shall enjoy other conditions of service attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the University, as approved by the Governing Council.
- The University librarian shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years. Redeemer’s University offers an enhanced remuneration package applicable to the posts
- The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as approved by the Board of Trustees/Council from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (20 copies) addressed to " The Pro-chancellor & Chairman of Council" marked "Application for the post of University Librarian" via:
P.M.B. 230, Ede,
Click Here to Download Curriculum Vitae Format (PDF)
The submission of the hard copies should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials, to be mailed as attachment in PDF or MS word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line should read “Application for the Post of University Librarian”. Applications should also be completed online at: www.recruitment.run.edu.ng
Candidates should request their referees to send reports on them under confidential cover, directly to "The Pro-Chancellor & Chairman of Council, c/o VIce-Chancellor’s Office" via the address above from whom further details may be obtained.
Note: Only the applications of shortllsted candidates will be acknowledged.
- Know More About Redeemer UniversitySimilar Jobs
- Administrative Executive at Tempkers Limited
- Chief Operating Officer / Manager at Ultimus Holdings
- Education Senior State Facilitator at Deloitte
- General Manager at Brookhouse International Limited
- Special Education Needs Department Coordinator (SENDCo) at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
- Guidance Counselor at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
- Personal Assistant to the CEO at Rildelia Ventures Limited
- Operation Officer/Site Managers at RapidSecure Guard Limited