Career Counsellor at Emplug LTD
Posted on: 5 October, 2018
Deadline: 12 October, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Emplug LTD
Emplug - We are an unconventional 21st Century career solution centre for job seekers, young professionals and employers. Our career solution offerings reflect both local and global needs of the evolving workplace simultaneously. Bringing into perspective not only international best practices but tailored to local market needs. Our Unique approach does not only prepare our clients for their career and organizations for their work needs but retool them to stay ahead developing a proactive and strategic mindset.
- This role coordinates the career counselling function for the organizations clients across different sectors.
- The career counsellor may seek out potential clients, examine client records, conduct interviews and administers aptitude and achievement tests to gather information that will assist them in helping clients make informed career choices.
- The career counsellor will assist our clients develop effective career plans, educate our clients on job search techniques, and inform them about the labour market.
Summary of key responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Guide beneficiaries in determining their interests and abilities using a wide range of methods, such as aptitude assessments, interviews and planning materials
- Counsel individuals, working with them to aid in the development of both hard and soft skills
- Conduct group workshops on a variety of topics, including writing resumes and cover letters, successful job interviewing, using university employment databases and career development resources, researching graduate programs, and more
- Work with beneficiaries to overcome issues that could undermine their career success
- Help beneficiaries craft a long-term plan for reaching their career objectives
- Connect beneficiaries to additional resources such as financial aid, vocational training, extensive counselling and other assistance as may be needed
- Plan and publicize the career services centre’s programs and events such as workshops, job fairs, and orientation sessions
- Collaborate with team members, staff and other stakeholders to help achieve organizational goals and contribute to its long-range planning.
- Minimum a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Psychiatry, Education or related discipline preferred Professional certifications will be an added advantage.
- 1 - 4 years of Human Resources practice experience or prior experience as a career counsellor.
- Ability to remain neutral when dealing with sensitive situations
- Excellent tact, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com Clearly indicating the position you are applying for as the header.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Recent Jobs from Emplug LTD
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Front Desk Executive at Emplug LTD
- Recruiter, Human Resource at Emplug LTD
- UI/UX Designer at Emplug LTD
- Know More About Emplug LTDSimilar Jobs
- Education Senior State Facilitator at Deloitte
- Special Education Needs Department Coordinator (SENDCo) at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
- Guidance Counselor at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
- Programme Officer - Promotion of Scientific Excellence and E-Learning at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- English Teacher at Broadoak Schools
- Science Teaching Assistant at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
- Math Teaching Assistant at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
- Social Studies Teacher at Jesuit Memorial College