Medical Coordinator - Support at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Posted on: 2 October, 2018
Deadline: 11 October, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Medical Coordinator - Support
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to the coordination of work, ensuring good relationships with local and national authorities and ensuring adequate program management in the projects, according to MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, rules of hygiene and the standard precautions in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health conditions of the targeted population
- Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according to preset schedule and participating in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques. Assisting in the implementation of MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service.
- Assisting in the collection of information on national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collecting and participating in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) from the projects
- Ensuring medical follow up of patients (treatment, improvement) in collaboration with the medical referent of the health structure and overseeing all medical expenses associated with the patient, in collaboration with the supervisors. Organize the administrative and medical information (reports, ongoing treatments), the discharge of patients and return to their homes
- Supporting and supervising the project teams and participating in the management of the medical team in the capital (recruitment, training, monitoring their work, vacation planning, assessments, etc.). Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members and promoting communication and active participation in the development of the project
- Applying the employee health policy and participating in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve as reference structures for national and international staff. Participating in the medical monitoring of MSF personnel and overseeing all medical expenses associated with various consultations and hospitalizations in collaboration with the line manager
- Participating in the management of the central pharmacy, advising and guiding the logistics team in the mission of drug stock management. Organizing the start-up, inventory and management of operational medical library according to the classification plan
- Participating in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing · data archiving and medical reports in the project
- Performing other duties at the request of Medco (exceptional strengthening of a field team, involvement in evaluations, etc.)
- Essential Medical Doctor Diploma; registration with the relevant Medical Council
- Essential: English, desired: Hausa, Kanuri
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service.
Method of Application
Applicant should send their Applications (including the below documents) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Field Communication Officer" OR Medical Coordinator Support as subject of the mail.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Recent Jobs from Medecins Sans Frontieres
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Field Communication Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Know More About Medecins Sans FrontieresSimilar Jobs
- Primary Health Care Quality (PHCQ) Advisor at fhi 360
- Healthy Time and Spacing of Pregnancy (HTSP) Advisor at fhi 360
- National Programme Manager at fhi 360
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director at fhi 360
- GBV Officer/Nurse at Plan International
- Child Protection Officer/Clinical Psychologist at Plan International
- Health Programme Intern at Plan International
- Director - Prevention, Care & Treatment at fhi 360