The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the Mail Clerk position in the Information Management Office.
No. 2014-090 Date: September 5, 2014 Ref:
Subject: Mail Clerk
Location: ABUJA – INFORMATION MANAGEMENT OFFICE
Applicability: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
Mail Clerk, FSN-04/FP-AA (Position will be filled at the FSN-04 level with promotion to target grade of FSN-05/FP-09 after one year of satisfactory performance)
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for handling all unclassified mails and pouches. S/he acts as American Embassy liaison with the local postal system.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
1. Completion of Secondary School is required.
2. Minimum of one (1) year of clerical work experience is required.
3. Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking, Reading/Writing in English is required.
4. Good customer service skills are required.
5. Ability to lift a 20kg pouch bag is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
2. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
3. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
4. Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that directly addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
5. Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to Abuja, HRO
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261
OPENING DATE: September 5, 2014
CLOSING DATE: September 18, 2014
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N2,214,247 p.a.
(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-04
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan. NOR-Not Ordinarily Resident:
EFM/MOH – US$24,763 (Starting Salary) per annum
Position Grade: FP-AA
NOTE: ALL NOT ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. A U.S. CITIZEN EFM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE RESIDING IN COUNTRY TO BE CONSIDERED, BUT THE SPONSORING OFFICER UNDER CHIEF OF MISSION (COM) AUTHORITY DOES HAVE TO BE ASSIGNED OFFICIALLY TO POST.