MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
At MainOne, great ideas and thoughts find a way of becoming great products, services that turn to great customer experiences. We are perfectionists, idealists and pioneers of great products and services forever thinking of better.
We have corporate offices from Nigeria to Ghana to Portugal. International and home opportunities are available.
MainOne is a family. Join in and be a part of the change and the future that will bring about new ways the continent works and connects.
The Business Development Manager, DC & Cloud Services will work with the technical and commercial staff to provide high level Data Center & Cloud expertise. He/ She will be working directly with clients, vendors and the technical team. As a DC/Cloud Specialist, the person will also share a revenue target with the Sales team and be responsible for ensuring that the product revenue targets are met.
Other responsibilities includes:
- Work with cross-functional teams to lead and manage the commercialization and timely delivery of products
- Work with senior decision makers at a range of major clients, articulating the benefits of Outsourcing and/or Cloud Technology
- Manage Cloud product revenue, goals and achievement – will be responsible for tracking Cloud P & L and recommend actions to improve profitability.
- Understand market dynamics and competitive landscape that affect product demand and direction, using it as feedback to drive attractiveness of Cloud products
- Ensures the positioning of the company’s Data Center & Cloud Infrastructure services to align with client’s business needs
- Gather technical, financial, market and other relevant information to create compelling products and services for the customer base, in line with company product roadmap
- Develop and drive marketing campaigns and lead generation activities to maximize revenue contribution of the Cloud business to the company
- Initiate and implement sales and other training programs to increase revenue and profit
- Engage internal stakeholders to communicate features and benefits of the services and products developed.
- Prioritize activities according to revenue generation/corporate strategy
- Undertake other projects and roles as required from time to time by senior management
- Develop and support effective communication mechanism between the project teams and the rest of the organization
Qualifications & Competencies Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering
- Possession of an MBA will be an added advantage
- At least five (5) years experience in product management, technical product sales/services or product development
- Familiar with telecoms and hosting markets
- Good knowledge of virtualisation products, cloud market and the various cloud propositions
- Evidence of successful product launch and full lifecycle management
- Evidence of total ownership of a product: Support all supply chains in the company – sales, operations, finance and marketing, as a product owner
Demands of the job:
- Ability to prepare/present business cases with financials at the product launch
- Ability to track/manage product P&L once launched
- Excellent customer, supplier and external relations
- Excellent Presentation Skills (at C Level)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite
- Attention to Details
- Highly Organised
- Excellent Communication skills
- Team Oriented and Leadership skills
- High Tolerance for Stress
- Relationship Builder
- High level of Integrity
- Time and Priority Management Skills.
- People Management and Negotiation skills.
- Superior analytical Skills.
- Demonstrates independent ownership and management of tasks.
- Strong level of professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information
go to method of application »
go to method of application »
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.