Ambulance Driver at A Non-Governmental Organiztion
Posted on: 14 January, 2020
Deadline: 28 January, 2020
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
A Non-Governmental Organiztion is looking to fill the below vacancy
The ambulance driver is required to skillfully drive the ambulance to a scene as fast and safely as possible, and to transport seriously ill or injured persons to the hospital for medical attention. They will assist the Emergency Medical Nursing Officer riding in their ambulance to transport patients to and from stretchers and aboard their vehicle. They would also be expected to know how to give Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and administer first aid if necessary.
- Transport sick or injured patients safely from one location to another.
- Assist the Emergency Medical Nursing Officer to safely transfer patients to stretchers and into the ambulance.
- Perform day to day tasks of enquiring the equipment and patient area is sanitized and neat.
- May be required to give first aid, such as bandaging a wound or administering CPR to a person in distress.
- Complete a mechanical checklist at the start of the day to ensure the ambulance is in working order and ready to transport patients to and from locations, and report any mechanical issues to the appropriate authority.
- Ensure the ambulance is clean and stocked properly with first aid and medical supplies at the beginning of each day and between patient transports throughout the day.
- Maintain records of all trips throughout the day. This information includes the patients’ names, addresses, movement locations and number of trips and services performed.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Management.
Academic qualifications, Knowledge and Technical Skills and Experience:
Suitable candidates must be a University Graduate with a valid driver’s licence, good eye sight and excellent driving skills.
The candidate must also possess:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent observational skills
- Physical strength(to lift and carry patients)
- Ability to exercise sound judgement while working in a stressful environment
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- Good report writing skills
- Computer proficiency is a must.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Consultant, Business Development Training at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Country Representative at Population Services International (PSI)
- Finance Manager at Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
- Drivers at Malaria Consortium
- Jobs at DKT International
- WPE Program Support Officer at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Menstrual Hygiene Management Officer at Save The Slum Initiative
- Job Opportunities at The International Organization for Migration (IOM)