IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the position of Innovation and Communication Specialist at its Headquarters in Ibadan.
• Monitor the effectiveness of existing NRS compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans which are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
• Complete job evaluations for new and existing positions and recommend job grades and salaries for each position taking into account internal equity across the Institute. Update information on job evaluation and position classification.
• Manage the administration of direct compensation for NRS including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions taken on salaried employees.
• Develop techniques for compiling, analyzing, preparing and presenting data, ensuring that salary structures are kept up-to-date, remuneration reports are compiled in a timely fashion.
• Keep abreast of relevant compensation legislation and best practice in order to ensure compliance by the Institute.
• Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical plans; group life insurance plans; temporary/permanent disability and accidental death policies among others.
• Plan, develop, and/or participate in market and industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
• Develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to: a. Maintain the Institute’s competitive position in the labor market, and b. Obtain uniform benefit package for the entire Institute’s locations, where possible.
• Recommend classes of eligible employees for new or modified benefit plans. Develop the Institute’s cost information for new plans and make recommendations to management concerning sharing of cost between employer and employee, as applicable.
• Conduct employee benefit seminars for NRS. Revise and reissue all communications material on benefits from time to time.
• Review and redesign (as may be necessary) the NRS Compensation Manual for the Headquarters, with support for the development of similar documentation in the Hubs. Ensure the effective implementation of, and compliance with, the approved Compensation and Benefits Manual.
• Ensure that existing and new benefit programs are adaptable to standardized computer and reporting systems.
• Provide advice to NRS on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, handling compensation and benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution. Maintain contact in person, and by phone or email, with the Payroll Section, beneficiaries and other relevant entities to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
• Effectively liaise with the HRIS Officer to ensure the enrollment, application, and maintenance of records for all compensation and benefit plans in the human resources records, including ensuring the addition of new employees to the payroll system.
• Contribute to the communication and implementation of all HR policies and initiatives.
• Handle any other tasks as may be assigned.
Minimum Qualification & Experience
Qualification Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources Management or required field. Membership of CIPM is desirable. Experience 6-7 years progressively responsible experience in Compensation & Benefits Administration
Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrable interface (cross-functional) management skills.
• Experience with ERPs (Enterprise Resource Applications)
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel and specifically designed spreadsheets.
• Ability to effectively and accurately analyze data
• Excellent team management, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly motivated, dynamic, self-driven and excellent negotiation skills.
• Ability to work and communicate in a culturally diverse environment.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
• Sound judgment and ability to handle confidential information
• Excellent attention to detail and numeric ability
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.