Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Effective risk management is fundamental to the business activities of the Standard Bank Group (group). While we remain committed to increasing shareholder value by developing and growing our business within our broad determined risk appetite, we are mindful of achieving this objective in line with the interests of all stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
• Oversees timely and efficient databases support (resolution of problems/issues) database related issues.
• Oversees maintenance, monitoring and proper usage of all database applications and servers bank wide
Key responsibilities .
• Interface effectively with all areas of IT systems and infrastructure teams, in order to provide appropriate support and maintenance for the database deployments.
• Required to work with teams of technicians in order to achieve a specific goal or goals which relate to service and project delivery.
• Ensure that business critical requirements are delivered for non-stop solution/service delivery
• Provide analysis, design (physical), guidance and assistance with configuration, testing, problem determination and documentation of the various database deployments within Stanbic IBTC
• Improve and optimise the level of system management delivered by pro-actively obtaining and sharing specialist technical and system knowledge with In-Country infrastructure staff, architects, designers, project developers and management in order to ensure the implementation and management of complete reliable system solutions. Understanding and implementation of schemas, and the ability to interpret and write complex SQL queries
• Integrate with relevant strategic vendors specific to the relevant deployments, IBM and Oracle
• Report any major fault or problem to Departmental Head. Any other duties as may be assigned by Departmental Head
Key performance measures
• Customer satisfaction levels
• Number of customer complaints
• Number of avoidable database downtime.
• Cycle time to process assigned helpdesk issues.
• Cycle time to resolve problems or issues
• Internal customer satisfaction level with IT support
• Other KPIs identified by the Group Head, Information Technology
• Availability of Stanbic IBTC database servers
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.