Vacancy at Lafarge Cement WAPCO Nigeria Plc
Posted on: 22 May, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Lafarge Cement WAPCO Nigeria
Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. Located in 64 countries with 65,000 employees, the vision of Lafarge in Nigeria is to be the most trusted and preferred partner of Nigerian construction professionals and home builders by delivering cement and concrete solutions that are best in quality, environmentally sustainable and nationwide available at affordable cost.
Lafarge currently operates 4 cement plants in Nigeria (Ashaka in North East Nigeria; Ewekoro I, Ewekoro II and Sagamu in South West Nigeria) and 7 commercial readymix concrete batching plants in Abuja, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
- Business Development Opportunities: Proactively identify, follow up and shortlist new business development opportunities. Determine and convert viable ones into projects.
- Projects: Research, preparation of justifications documents (executive summaries, detailed backup write-up, financial models,…) necessary to confirm viability or projects/business initiatives and key considerations for their implementation. These will be in a variety of areas. Examples include:
- New Business Line Development e.g. Aggregates, Pre-cast, etc
- New Strategic Assets Development e.g. Ports development,..etc
- Expansion of existing Business lines e.g. Cement new line, Readymix expansion etc
- Energy Strategic Actions e.g. partnerships with energy players , new power plants, new combustibles,.. etc
- Group Strategic Projects: projects identified as part of Lafarge Group strategy
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business field. Possession of a relevant postgraduate qualification (e.g. MBA) would be an added advantage.
- At least 8 years’ experience. Variety of experiences [e.g. sales, marketing, finance, supply chain, etc.] is important.
- Possession of good appreciation and understanding of strategic and business planning frameworks, principles and techniques e.g. investment analysis/justification
- High level of analytical and performance management skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Very good project and change management skills
- The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization who can provide information, assistance and support.
- Good communication & Interpersonal skills
- Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization, including Executive/Board level
- Ability to influence and work independently with minimum supervision
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Lafarge Cement WAPCO Nigeria PlcSimilar Jobs
- Senior Security Job Vacancy at British American Tobacco
- Latest Job Openings at a Manufacturing Group of Companies - Sales Force Consulting
- Career Opportunities at Promasidor
- Sales Vacancy at IFFCO
- Jobs at Fareast Mercantile Co. Limited
- Procurement Role at Fan Milk Plc.
- Chief Executive Officer at a Leading FMCG Company
- Entry-level Electrical Technician II (Utilities) at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)