The post of Bursar at Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe-Oghara, Delta State shall be vacant on 10th May, 2019. Consequent on the above, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of:
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer/Financial Officer and is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day financial administration of the Polytechnic.
- The Candidate must possess a Bachelor of Science Degree or HND in Accountancy or Finance. A higher degree will be an added advantage.
The Candidate must be a member of a recognized professional body, preferably. lCAN or ANAN. In addition, the Candidate must be:
- A person of proven integrity.
- Intellectually and professionally sound in the rules and regulations of the Polytechnic system.
- Must have worked in recognized tertiary Institution (s) and attained the rank of, at least, Chief Accountant.
- Vast in public service rules and financial regulations and is expected to give sound professional advice to the Chief Executive.
- Able to give professional leadership as well as provide on-the-job proficiency training to the Bursary Staff.
- Show evidence of Community Service.
- The Candidate must have 18 years cognate experience, Five of which must be in a tertiary Institution.
- The Applicants who are above 55 years at the point of advertisement Need Not Apply. The successful candidate shortlisted should be 55 years or below at the Time of Assumption of duty.
- The Applicants must show evidence of Computer literacy and demonstrable ability to use Accounting Software for Accounting best practice and effective service delivery.
- The Applicant must enjoy good health that will be enable him/her to cope with the rigours of the office of Bursar.
- Salary: The salary is consolidated and as approved by Delta State Government.
- Duration of Appointment: The appointment shall be for a single term of 5 years only.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 20 copies of their Application Letters accompanied with 20 copies of their CV containing the following information:
- Full name with surname last
- Date and place of birth (with attached evidence).
- Permanent Home Address
- Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Address
- Email address and GSM number(s).
- Educational Institution attended with dates including qualifications obtained
- Membership/Fellow of recognized professional body (ies)
- Present employer, post and salary
- Other relevant activities outside current employment
- Major professional achievements/contributions including awards (if any)
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be professionally competent to assess the Applicant.
Applicants should request their referees to forward their confidential reports directly to the Registrar (through the below address) with the inscription “Post of Bursar” at the left hand corner of the envelope.
All Applications in sealed envelopes with the inscription “Post of Bursar” at the left hand corner should be addressed and sent to:
Delta State Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 03, Otefe-Oghara,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged and invited for interview.