United Resources are your Informed Recruitment Partner.
We’re at the top of our game and we deliver numerous valuable services to clients worldwide.
We are not salespeople, so we guarantee that our staff won’t waste your time with pointless calls on the premise of reaching senseless targets – which is just one example as to what makes us unique.
In fact, our energy is focused on searching and selecting the very best technical personnel from all over the world, from graduates to Board Director level, for your Oil and Gas or Renewable Energy projects.
As time-served recruiters and true consultants with industry knowledge, our staff are genuinely equipped to advise you as you look to assemble the best teams suited to your projects.
We can provide whole resources from concept to delivery, sourcing the highest quality candidates using a variety of online and offline methods.
United Resources work hard to become a natural extension of your company, saving you time and effort when recruiting individuals with the specific engineering or scientific backgrounds needed. We’re your targeted, off-site recruitment partner, working with you to ensure you’ve the right people within your team.
We pride ourselves on being different; we constantly work to your requirements, and therefore welcome your call to discuss your needs.
My Client is looking for candidates to fill the role of Senior Geologist, for a secondment position in Lagos, Nigeria. The team of professionals seconded to the Operator will include an Exploration Manager, Senior Geologist and Senior Geophysicist. This group works on various exploration assets operated by the Client in Africa which generally have initial exploration terms of 3-4 years. This role would directly report to the Exploration Manager in the Lagos office.
Please see below job details:
• Petroleum geologist with advanced degrees from geotechnical institutions
• Prefer 15+ years technical experience (at least 10-15 years of operating company experience working with vintage logs and G&G data is an advantage)
• In addition, exposure to many worldwide sedimentary basins will be a plus
• International posting(s)with medium/ major operators is a plus, as well as previous time in Africa
• Multilingual (English, French and/or German/Portuguese preferred) is a plus
• Hands-on professional who can combine technical interpretation of vintage G&G data with well planning and drilling
• Experience with multiple technical software platforms is desirable (Kingdom will be utilized in this office)
• Experience with working in and leading integrated teams
• Willingness to mentor and develop younger/less experienced staff in the future
• Management experience (covering budgeting, leadership and performance appraisals) will be an added advantage
• Excellent report writing skills in English a must
Please contact Tom Garrett to apply.
To apply, click here