Kaldan Investments & SME Services Limited - Our client is a versatile and upscale firm with interests in Construction, Oil & Gas, and Equipment Leasing among others. As a result of expansion of their operations, they now seek for immediate employment, an Admin Officer to work closely with the Chief Executive to facilitate the smooth running of the firm.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive, the Admin Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day general administration of the firm, assisting the Chief Executive and support other staff
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Assisting the Chief Executive in organization and general administration
- Using a range of office software, including email, spread sheets and databases;
- Managing filing systems;
- Collation and distribution of minutes, reports and other documents
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mails
- Implementing administrative systems, such as record management;
- Recording office expenditure and managing the petty cash;
- Organizing the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment;
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs;
- Coordinating the effective working of other staff
- Perform other related duties as required
Desired Background And Experience
- B.Sc or HND in Business Administration or a related field
- Professional Experience
- Three to five years practical professional work experience in a related environment.
- Familiarity with work in cultural and religious environment similar to the duty station is an asset.
- Language Skills
- Perfect writing skills in English and ability to communicate in Hausa
Specific Technical Knowledge Required
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Office administration
- Basic bookkeeping
- Document management & filing system
- An understanding of relevant government legislation, policies and procedures
- An understanding of the northern cultural and religious environment.
Competencies and values
- Integrity and professionalism: demonstrated expertise in area of specialty and ability to apply good judgment; high degree of autonomy, personal initiative and ability to take ownership; willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently under established procedures in a culturally sensitive environment, while exercising discretion, impartiality and neutrality; ability to manage information objectively, accurately and confidentially; responsive and client-oriented;
- Accountability: mature and responsible; ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations;
- Commitment to continuous learning: initiative and willingness to learn new skills and stay abreast of new developments in area of expertise; ability to adapt to changes in work environment;
- Planning and organizing: effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner; ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work; ability to work under pressure, with conflicting deadlines, and to handle multiple concurrent projects/activities;
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender;
- Communication: proven interpersonal skills; creativity; good spoken and written communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and concise reports; ability to conduct presentations, articulate options and positions concisely; ability to make and defend recommendations; ability to communicate and empathize with clients, consultants and contractors; ability to maintain composure and remain helpful towards the staff, but objective, without showing personal interest; capacity to transfer information and knowledge to a wide range of different target groups;
Method of Application
Interested appplicants should get the following ready:
- A cover letter
- A curriculum vitae signed by the applicant
- An attestation issued by the last applicant’s employer specifying the functions run by him/her
- A certified true copy of the relevant or required certificate/diploma
- Two passport-size photographs
- Be 35 years old maximum
- Contact addresses of three referees
The application file shall be sent by email to the following address not later than Feb. 10, 2014 at noon: email@example.com and shall bear the applied position as the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.