The USAID supported Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS), is a 5 year project which is expected to take on the USAID mandate of improving malaria control at scale in nine (9) states. Activities in the MAPS project has commenced in the seven Nigerian states namely; Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Oyo and Zamfara. Health Partners International (HPI), one of the implementing partners of the MAPS project, now seeks to employ an expert in Program Management Capacity Building to assist the Capacity Building Advisor (CBA) to coordinate all related capacity building outputs and activities at the National and State levels.
This position will be based in the Abuja office of the MAPS Project. The Capacity Building Program Officer will be responsible for assisting the National Capacity Building Advisor to facilitate the smooth planning, management and implementation of all program activities set out in the MAPS work plan at National and State levels. S/he will work with the National
and State level MAPS capacity building team to ensure the achievement of key program outputs.
Other key responsibilities will include;
• Contribute to the development of annual work plans as well as National and state level monthly/quarterly implementation work plans;
• Assisting the CBA in the design, development and implementation of programme;
• Provide programme support to Ministry of Health, programme partners especially in implementation of program management capacity building activities;
• Support for short term consultants work programme;
• Coordinating the finance and administrative logistic role as it relates with short term consultants;
• Provide timely update on progress against work plan;
Terms and Conditions of Employment:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter and a copy of their recent CV through the appropriate link at www.gridconsulting.net. All applications must be submitted latest Friday, 27th December, 2013. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.