UNICEF Nigeria is looking for competent professionals to assist in capacity development of its implementing partners in financial management.
Post Title: Consultant (Capacity Development on Harmonised Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT)
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-34-2013
Contract Type: Short Service Agreement (SSA)
Duration: 6 months.
Location: Abuja, Bauchi, Enugu, Kaduna and Lagos
Deadline for application: 14 November 2013
THE SPECIFIC AREAS TO FOCUS ON INCLUDE:
1. Funds Flow: to establish effective flow of funds such as e-payment, mobile money merchants as applicable, and establish internal checks and balances in withdrawal of funds.
2. Staffing: to train staff of Implementing Partners on Harmonised Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT) principles and procedures.
3. Accounting Policies and Procedures: Assist implementing partners to update Chart of Accounts, Assets Register, Financial Operation Manual etc.
4. Record keeping: Review the entire record keeping procedures of implementing partners and train staff of IP on best practice of completeness of accounting documentation.
5. Segregation of duties: This will involve review and/or establishing structures for cash disbursements, processing of payment vouchers and handling of cash such that there are checks and balances.
6. Bank Reconciliations: Assist the implementing partners to update CashfBank Accounts and update monthly bank reconciliations. Also follow up with outstanding items on bank reconciliations.
7. Inventory Management: Review the current Inventory Management of implementing partners and establish best practice to account for inventories.
8. Internal Audit: Assist implementing partner on the establishment of an Internal Audit Unit and provide guidelines on Internal Audit procedures.
9. Reporting and Monitoring: Assist Implementing Partner in preparation of annual accounts and management reports such as Funds Flow, Statement of Assets and Liabilities.
10. Information Systems: Assist implementing partner in the use of suitable software to facilitate reporting and monitoring.
11. Any other related assignmentsl tasks to improve the overall financial capacities of Implementing Partners.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, ICAN, ACCA) is required. An Advanced University Degree in Accountancy or Finance is an asset.
• Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) is an asset.
• Minimum of ten years of progressive, responsible, work experience in Finance and Accounts at managerial level in a recognized institution or a reputable audit firm.
• Experience in electronic data processing and sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is required.
• Fluency in written and spoken English js required.
• Knowledge of another UN working language and local working language of the duty station is an asset.
• Good knowledge of computer applications, MS Office (excel, word, powerpoint) and other presentation software required.
• Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and harmoniously in an international and multicultural environment.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send cover letter (one-page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualification relate to the job description) and a scanned PDF copy of the completed and signed UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded here) to email@example.com by close of business on Thursday, 14 November 2013. Please mention the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email. UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.