If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Federal College of Education, Okene, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Location: Okene, Kogi
- The provost is the chief academic, officer of the college. He/she has statutory power to exercise general authority over the staff and has responsibility for discipline in the college
- The Provost is the Chief Executive Officer of the College. The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, administrative and Professional Leadership for College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of objectives for which the institution was established
- Candidates should possess a Doctorate Degree from a recognized University in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College. The possession of Professional Teaching Qualification (Minimum: Nigeria Certificate in Eduction (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma In Education (PGDE) including registration with Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRC) is mandatory.
- Candidates must have held Senior teaching, Research and Top Administrative Posts in a College of Education system for a minimum of seventeen years.
- Candidates must be a Chief Lecturer of at least five (5) years cognate experience in College of Education system.
- Candidates must show evidence of good track record in result oriented researches, reaching high national and international status in their research achievement.
- Candidates must be computer literate.
- Candidates must not be more than 59 years at the time of assumption of duty Please note that only the date declared by you at the date/point of entry of your existing appointment will be accepted and tills will be verified.
- Candidates must be of good conduct, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive, resourcefulness and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and the students of the College He/She must be somebody is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religions and other personal interests.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years in the first instance and may be eligible for re appointment for a second term of four (4) years.
- The conditions of service are as obtainable in Federal Colleges of Education System
- The candidate appointed will be entitled to all officially approved benefits attached to Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
go to method of application »
Location: Okene, Kogi
- The College Librarian has responsibility for administering the College library and for providing Library services to the entire College Community. He reports to the provost.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Library Science from a recognised University and Should in addition, have at least 5 years relevant experience.
- Applicants must also have contributed to knowledge through research and publication in reputable journals, such publications and books should be at the level required of a Chief Lecturer Computer literacy and familiarity with the operation of computerized library services will bean advantage.
- Candidates should have worked In College of Education system at the level of Deputy Librarian for not less than 5 years
- Candidates must not be more than 59 years at the time of assumption of duty. Please note that only the date declared by you at the date/point of entry of your existing appointment will be accepted and this will be verified
Conditions of Service
The Conditions of Service are the same as those obtainable in Federal Colleges of Education system in Nigeria. Salary and other fringe benefits are as applicable to Principal Officers of Federal Colleges of Education.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit twenty (20) copies of Curriculum Vitae, which must include the following information:
- Full Names (Surname underlined)
- Post Desired
- Marital Status
- Number of children indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Geo-Politcal Zone
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications and distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience in Chronological Order
- Present Employer, status and salary
- Extra Curricular/Activities
- Publications in Standard Form
- Date available to assume duty if appointed
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees on of whom must be the present employer.
Report from the three referees are to be forwarded directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council. SUch Referees should be able to attest to the candidate's claim to high academic and managerial capability as well as noted uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted under Confidential Cover, in envelopes marked at upper left-hand corner “Provost” and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education, Okene,
P. M. B. 1026,
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.