If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, governance, peace building and Health/HIV programming.
- The position of Chief of Party is responsible for the overall management of the Global Fund Malaria Program.
- S/he will provide leadership and management oversight of the grant and engage in high-level representation, coordination and relationship management with key stakeholders.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Leadership and Representation:
- Lead the Nigeria Global Fund Malaria grant, establish a clear vision of excellence, manage project team and ensure exceptional performance by all staff
- Act as the primary program contact to the donor and other local and international stakeholders responsible for addressing all program-related matters. Serve as the primary point of contact for the Global Fund, LFA, CCM, NMEP and other relevant malaria stakeholders on matters related to the Global Fund Malaria Program.
- Represent the program in regular CCM meetings, respond to CCM questions or concerns, seek CCM approvals as required.
- In collaboration with the Country Representative, strengthen linkages with existing and potential partner agencies.
- Lead CRS team in finalizing all grant making documents, leading to signing of the grant agreement.
- Lead development and review of annual and quarterly work plans for the CRS Global Fund team.
- With key program staff and stakeholders, ensure the Global Fund Malaria Programs strategic objectives and results are fully accomplished and meet expected technical quality standards.
- In collaboration with program and SR staff, provide guidance and technical oversight to partners and other collaborating agencies to ensure that lessons of sound practice are documented and disseminated.
- Work with the Senior Manager for Supply Chain Management (SCM) to ensure all procurement and supply chain management activities are well coordinated with national partners and implemented systematically in compliance with WHO, Global Fund and national regulations and guidelines.
- Work with the Vector Control Manager to ensure that vector control activities are implemented as per the Global Fund grant.
- Oversee programs monitoring and evaluation system, using data analysis as the basis for measuring performance.
- With ICT4D technical advisors, identify and implement technology solutions to improve program efficiencies and ensure program assurances.
- With program staff, ensure the delivery of quality technical assistance and administrative and financial support to any SRs.
Management and Administration:
- Manage program budgets, including tracking of financial and material resources.
- Ensure timely and quality Program Update/Disbursement Requests (PU/DR) in collaboration with regional and global support staff.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of program finances and progress status; review actual financial performance against the budget, and explain variances on a regular basis.
- Together with the Grants Manager, Finance Manager and Head of Operations, ensure accurate accounting including accurate recording of inter-fund transactions, and reconciliation between cash and accrual accounting systems.
- Review SR reports, provide feedback on implementation progress and performance, identify solutions to address challenges and weaknesses.
- Ensure staff compliance with all CRS and Global Fund administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations.
- Together with Head of Operations, ensure timely procurement of non-health products for CRS, and ensure procedures followed adhere to Global Fund regulations and CRS procurement policy.
- Approve program expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification requests to donors.
Human Resource Management:
- Lead, manage and supervise CRS staff working on the Global Fund to meet program objectives.
- Conduct periodic reviews of staff performance in keeping with CRS performance management system and mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork.
- Manage recruitment portfolio for the program, in collaboration with Human Resources and CRS country program management, to ensure optimum service delivery through recruitment of competent and qualified staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Medicine and a Master's degree in Public Health or project management or a post graduate degree in a similar related field (such as Membership of the West African College of Physicians, Faculty) required.
- At least eight years of experience managing complex donor funded health program (Global Fund experience preferred) at the national level; minimum five years in a management position, supervising senior staff, in an international or multicultural environment at the national level.
- At least five years experience in managing a malaria project /programme at the national or international level.
- Experience managing programs funded by the Global Fund.
- Expertise in successful project proposal preparation and writing, and project management.
- Diplomatic and capable of working with Government Representative, NGO counterparts and Donor representatives.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
- Strong experience with monitoring and evaluation and financial compliance.
- Proven experience working with multi-sector teams and the ability to coordinate multiple staff with varying levels of responsibility.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Strong preference for Nigerian nationals.
Method of Application
Applicants should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: NG_HR@global.crs.org position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email e.g. Chief of Party - GF Malaria.
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)