An International Development Organization (NERI) is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position of Senior Grants Officer
Number of Positions: One (1)
Position Start Date: Immediately
The Senior Grants Officer will coordinate with the State Program Managers (SPMs) to support concept development for activities related to the States (Adamawa, Borno & Yobe) and liaise with the Grants Manager and Abuja Grants Officers in developing approved grant concepts in collaboration with the State Program Managers (SPMs). the Senior Grants Officer will also oversee timely completion of grant milestones and other administrative documentation. The Senior Grants Officer will work closely with the Grants Manager to ensure that all updates, documentation and milestone payments are reflected in both OTI’s Web-Based Database and Creative’s IDMS. This position will be based at the head office, located in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Frequent travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Senior Grants Officer reports to the Grants Manager, based in Abuja. The Senior Officer will also be responsible for the supervision of Grants Officers in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
In conjunction with the Grants Manager:
- Coordinate and interface with program staff to manage all aspects of assigned grant portfolio throughout all stages of project development, implementation and closure. Manage associated timelines and donor reporting requirements for individual grant activities. Maintain internal trackers, such as the grant status and closing trackers. Monitor grant portfolio pipeline of financial commitments and disbursements.
- Manage data in databases, including OTI’s Web-based Database and Creative IDMS.
- Serve as a key point of contact for information on related project issues, coordination with partner organizations and sociopolitical and development trends.
- Develop project ideas in coordination with Program Development Office.
- Manage strategy objectives/action plan for assigned grant portfolio per the approved work plan.
- Draft project ideas with estimated budgets and present them in internal Grant Review Committee meetings.
- Ensure compliance with donor and organizational policies, procedures and regulations, throughout activity implementation. Ensure thorough, audit-compliant documentation.
- Monitor project progress against the approved project implementation timeline; identify delays and work closely with Program Development Office to ensure projects stay on track.
- Track overall project development and identify trends to document ‘success stories’ and ‘lessons learned’.
- Engage in overall political analysis, impact assessment, and participate in strategy development to advance the project goals.
- Review and contribute to the Final Evaluation Reports and prepare project documents for closing.
- Coordinate with staff in all departments to complete assigned tasks; engage in regular coordination with Program, Procurement and Finance units to quickly resolve implementation issues.
- Provide guidance and supervision to Grants Officers in the States Field Offices
- Travel to project sites for follow up/support on activity implementation, as needed.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned
- With support from the Grants Manager, provide guidance and supervision to State Grants Officers (Adamawa, Borno and Yobe)
- With support from the Grants Manager, review OTI and IDMS database to ensure compliance
- Work with program staff to ensure each activity or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations
- Coordinate with other units to ensure effective and efficient workflow throughout all stages of activity development, implementation and closure
- Work with Procurement as appropriate in preparing purchase requests based on specific activity budgets
- Work with Finance to ensure reconciliation of disbursed funds and to match activity finance records
- Manage reporting of key performance indicators and milestones deliverables for effective activity payments.
- University degree (BA or BS degree) in political science, international affairs or other related social sciences field is required.
- Five years’ experience in grants management is required.
- Familiarity with grant procedures. Strong time-management skills and ability to uphold deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with strong written and oral presentation abilities (writing samples will be required)
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly desirable.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management Skills are required.
- Computer literacy at using Microsoft office software is required (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and experience in development databases such as OTI, IDMS, CRM:
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Commitment to Creative Associates mission and goals
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents by Monday 23rd January, 2017:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter
To following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.