Dockmaster (Shipyard) at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
Posted on: 21 June, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
Hobark International Limited (HIL) is an Integrated Services Company whose subsidiaries: DrillPet International Limited (DIL), Uniterm Nigeria Limited (UNL), UltiProc Nigeria Limited (UPNL), Hobark Consultant Management Services (HCMS) and Gigasecprovide Manpower Services & Logistics Support, Drilling Operations and Consultancy Services, On/OffShore Catering Services, Drilling Rigs & Drilling Bits and Procurement Services to the Oil & Gas Industry. IP security services.
Req ID: Req-0989
- Security of all clients & client material on the work site.
- Security Clearance of all “visitors” to from vessel.
- Ensuring all 3rd party charges have been included in the final invoice (SIMCO / Medical / Transport).
- Ensuring any client concerns / complaints is brought to Management attention immediately.
- To act on own initiative in order to improve the process or projects and inform Management of any suggestions for consideration.
- Attend Periodic Safety meetings as part of Shipyard staff.
- Attend weekly Safety meetings and ensure all his workforce complies with any and all updates in the Safety process.
- Carry out Safety / Operational briefings regarding specific tasks which are to be undertaken on each project and ensure all personnel involved are also in attendance, especially when involving “delicate” lifting procedures.
- Complete various “Internal Projects” assigned to them in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Report unsafe acts / instances requiring discipline to Management without delay.
- Understanding and following the agreed goals and annual targets for the position.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Interface with clients, superintendents, class surveyors and owners agents as required for projects.
- Ensure that updated docking plans are maintained for all vessels (electronic and hard copy) and all new enquiries are verified against this list / updated as appropriate. Obtain copies of docking plans for all new vessels if required.
- Prepare blocks as per docking plans and ensure that vessel is in docking condition prior to docking and undocking and check tank contents - if not satisfied then direct the owners to place vessel in the correct condition.
- Dock / undock the vessels carefully and correctly so that no damage is caused to vessels or to the docks either. Maintain control over the tugs when vessel entering or leaving dock.
- Amend the blocks as and when required to complete the project with due regard to vessel stability.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed and work towards improvement of the safety culture. Oversee all HSEQ requirements for project in liason with HSEQ manager.
- Ensure vessel specs are complete including obtaining copies of all technical drawings required.
- Schedule work scope for the yard upon arrival of the vessel and prepare all variation work orders for approval.
- Project production planning / quality control & reports.
- Analyse sub contractors job quotations / quality and compliance with agreed contract.
- Control all materials and consumables required, effective cost controls on the use of all manpower on the vessel and reduce additional costs / excessive overtime.
- Bringing outstanding items / issues to Management notice in a timely manner.
- Meet agreed annual objectives / targets & produce reports.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a shipyard manager or other management level responsibilities in a heavy steel manufacturing environment, Oil & Gas background.
- In depth knowledge of all business functions associated with shipyard management
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases, word processing and PowerPoint,
- A strong client facing background with previous experience of dealing and presenting information to major clients on large projects.
- Ability to apply Continuous Improvement strategies across all functions, which includes the ability to introduce needed change, create excitement for change and lead change initiatives. Must be adaptable and open to new ideas.
- Ability to successfully handle several priorities simultaneously.
- EPC, Logistics, Oil & Gas, Operations.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on Hobark wesite
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hobark International Limited (HIL)Similar Jobs
- Engineering Supervisors at an Oil and Gas Firm - Rovedana Limited
- Senior Project Manager at a Multinational EPC Company - Aldelia Limited
- Subsurface Technical Manager at WTS Energy
- 2018 Internship Recruitment (Undergraduate) at Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL)
- Internal Audit Assistant at Trithel International Consulting Limited
- Geophysics Acquisition Project Leader and Reservoir Engineer (Expat) at Onstream Group
- Consultant – Oil & Gas – Petroleum Asset EXcellence (PAX) Upstream at McKinsey & Company
- Latest Job Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited