Vacancy in a Non-Governmental Organization via StreSert
Posted on: 16 May, 2016
Deadline: 27 May, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
Our client, a Non- Governmental Organization is seeking the service of an Accountant (preferably Female) for immediate employment.
Employee in this job process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, bank reconciliation, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Accomplish the result by performing the duty
- Any other duty of similar deliverable that may be assigned from time to time
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Previous experience in an NGO would be an advantage
- Corporate Finance, confidentiality
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
- Data entry management, Problem solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Power point) a MUST and accounting software usage.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must have 3 – 6 years work experience in similar accounting duties.
- Previous exposure in a related NGO is desired.
- The ideal candidate is preferably Female.
Method of Application
- QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘RSA2’ as subject of mail before 27th May, 2016.
- Salary is N 100, 000 – N 120, 000 / m (base on experience).
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. Incorrect titled applications will not be opened Please be guided.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International