Vacancy in a Non-Governmental Organization via StreSert
Posted on: 16 May, 2016
Deadline: 27 May, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
Our client, a Non- Governmental Organization is seeking the service of an Accountant (preferably Female) for immediate employment.
Employee in this job process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, bank reconciliation, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Accomplish the result by performing the duty
- Any other duty of similar deliverable that may be assigned from time to time
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Previous experience in an NGO would be an advantage
- Corporate Finance, confidentiality
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
- Data entry management, Problem solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Power point) a MUST and accounting software usage.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must have 3 – 6 years work experience in similar accounting duties.
- Previous exposure in a related NGO is desired.
- The ideal candidate is preferably Female.
Method of Application
- QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘RSA2’ as subject of mail before 27th May, 2016.
- Salary is N 100, 000 – N 120, 000 / m (base on experience).
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. Incorrect titled applications will not be opened Please be guided.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Programme Assistant (Resilience) at the United Nations World Food Programme
- Community Service Delivery Officer at Save the Children Nigeria
- Poultry Farming Trainer at Women for Women International (WfWI)
- Jobs at The International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Chef de Cuisine at ALARA
- Livelihood Program Officer at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Consultant (Local Facilitator) at Creative Associates International
- Community Access Advisor at IPAS Nigeria