Career Opportunity at VSO via Randstad
Posted on: 4 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Randstad Construction Property En
Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Our client, VSO, is the worlds leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
- VSO is looking for an exceptional leader to become our Country Director in Nigeria, Africa's largest nation. You’ll lead VSO Nigeria's programme team as we embark on an exciting and ambitious phase of expansion, building on our successful and highly-regarded programmes in Education, Livelihoods, and Youth.
- As one of the VSO's global team of senior leaders you will have plenty of scope to apply your passion, experience and skills to the challenge of bringing about the change we want to see. And we will have correspondingly high expectations of what you will achieve.
The Country Director will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of staff and volunteers to design and implement innovative, high quality, locally owned programmes and projects that can be scaled up rapidly;
- Building excellent relations with a wide range of stakeholders so that we extend the influence that VSO can have, building on our core competencies and the voices of primary actors;
- Meeting ambitious funding targets and delivering grants professionally so we maintain our high profile for excellence.
This opportunity will suit an experienced and entrepreneurial development leader looking for a new challenge.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Very strong strategic thinking and leadership skills, and political sensitivity;
- Excellent representational, networking and donor engagement skills and experience;
- A committed understanding of VSO and volunteerism;
- An understanding of the complex and rapidly-changing context in Nigeria;
- Experience of managing complex programmes and operations;
- Determination, and adaptability. Sectoral knowledge of education, livelihoods and youth work with experience of working in Nigeria and fluency in local languages would be desirable.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Randstad Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Randstad Construction Property EngineeringSimilar Jobs
- Drivers at ABT Associates
- Jobs at Christian Aid (CA)
- Security Role at Solidarites International
- Fresh Vacancies at The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Latest Job Opportunities at Mercy Corps
- Logistics Project Manager at Solidarites International
- Fresh Job Opportunity at the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
- Latest Job Opening at Médecins du Monde