Kemin combines sound molecular science with the human qualities of creativity, curiosity and collaboration to improve the lives of humans and animals around the world. Using superior science, Kemin manufactures more than 500 specialty ingredients that deliver important nutrition and health benefits through products consumed by people and animals.
Our vision is to improve the quality of life by touching half the people of the world every day with our products and services.
As an account manager, you will be responsible to identify, create and successfully drive sales projects, provide product and technical support to our customers and cooperate with various business partners within West Africa, covering all the countries in the ECOWAS region.
- Participate in setting and managing sales budgets for West Africa.
- Regular client visits to maintain current business and develop new opportunities throughout the region.
- Active involvement on marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Active engagement of relevant stakeholders and major associations in the region.
- Develop sales through sales projects.
- Identify and run trials with key clients. Closely monitor and advise clients appropriately.
- Responsible for managing operating costs and regular reporting on the cost budgets.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable within agreed terms.
- Manage distributor activity and performance.
- Assist with product registration, import permits and other regulatory requirements.
- Proper sales administration, building of market information and customer databases.
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, Veterinary Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years in the Animal Health and Nutrition Industry. Sales Experience is an added advantage.
- Commercial qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Registered as a practicing veterinarian, nutritionist or any other relevant regulatory body.
- Working knowledge of the West African industry
- Experience in sales within the Animal Nutrition and Health industries.
- Ability to identify animal health and nutrition needs and advise clients accordingly.
- Ability to develop and run projects.
- A good and open communicator and able to present to highly technical and none technical audience.
- Hands on with excellent organizational skills.
- Able to manage time and multitask.
- Good oral and written skills in English and other relevant languages common to West Africa.
- Computer literate.
Method of Application
Interested in this exciting position, go to Kemin career page on ICIMS to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.