Job at Sterling Asset Management & Trustees Limited
Posted on: 12 February, 2016
Deadline: 31 March, 2016
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Sterling Asset Management & Tr
Sterling Asset Management & Trustees Limited is an end to end assets mangers and trust services providers with presence in three locations which cut across Lagos, Portharcourt and Abuja. An award winner of the Global Credit Rating (GCR) for outlook stability in the Nigerian Financial service sector for three years consecutively 2013, 2014 & 2015. Sterling Assets is a customer centric financial service firm and our goal is to exceed clients’ expectation whilst adding value to our employees who helps in achieving this objective.
Summary of Job Description:
- The ideal candidate will develop and supervise the implementation of a company-wide risk management, and governance systems framework.
- Management of risk to create processes for assessing, identifying, monitoring and preventing operational, technical & business risks.
- Conduct periodic risk assessment, threat analysis and security reviews and submit written recommendations to management
- Coordinating internal compliance review and monitoring activities, including periodic reviews of departments.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Financial Regulations & Risk Management, Insurance, Risk Management and any other acceptable fields of study.
- Membership of and certification by the risk management and insurance professional bodies such as ACIIN,PRM,CRMA,CRM,ORML & CPRM is a requirement
- Demonstrable competence in forensic risk assessment, audit practices, risk management, business continuity planning
- Not have been dismissed or found guilty of fraud, dishonesty or any offence of a criminal nature in previous jobs
- Minimum of 7 years progressive work experience in a well-organized corporate organization, including the last at least 4 years risk management experience in an audit firm
Skills & Competencies
- Sound understanding of asset risk and mitigants to such risk factors
- Must be skilled in all facets of Debt Recovery
- Ability to monitor and prosecute cases
- Proven ability to maintain contact and relationships with state and national security agencies/officials
- Ability to identify the relationship between the risk type and the price of the asset
- Able to Break down assets into individual components in a structured product
- Accurately Judge the appropriateness of an organization's policies and procedures against industry best practices and/or regulations
- Able to determine the flow of relevant risk information within an organization
- Confirm that a risk model is producing unbiased results
- Validate a risk model and evaluate its effectiveness
- Calculate metrics (including appropriate use of formulas)
- Determine the limitations of risk metrics
- Perform liquidity risk analysis & stress testing and scenario analyses
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply via Sterling Career Page on HAS
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Sterling Asset Management & Trustees LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Account Officers at Arkounting Business Concepts Limited
- Graduate Business Development Officers/Marketers at CrusaderSterling Pensions Limited - 8 Positions
- Accountants at Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners
- Graduate Accountants at Ojike & Partners
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Recruitment for Team Lead, Corporate Social Responsibility
- Financial Analyst Assistants at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Country Sourcing Manager at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
- Group Loan Officers at Verite Microfinance Bank Limited