Our client is one of the top three Multinational Pharmaceuticals Companies in Nigeria. We are recruiting for the position of a District Manager (Nothern Region). The ideal candidate should be resident in Abuja or Kano.
Reports to: Business Franchise Head
To achieve agreed sales, productivity and performance targets for the northern area through leadership, management, direction and coaching of the sales team.
- To meet or exceed sales targets (market share/market share growth) within agreed budgets and timescales – through effective leadership of sales team.
- To achieve agreed contact, coverage and frequency targets through face to face and meetings and manage delivery of customer centric activities with all primary and secondary care customers - within operating budget.
- Manage operating expenses within agreed budgets through effective monitoring and reporting systems. Ensure that expenditure does not exceed agreed budgets.
- To ensure effective management of sales team including training and personal development in terms of ongoing training, coaching and counselling through regular field visits and management of recruitment, performance, development and retention of representatives in the area through quality processes - working in conjunction and support from sales training and HR departments.
- To ensure outstanding personal and team knowledge, and understanding of the organizations priority products, technical information, product strategy, positioning, key messages and programmes.
- To implement with excellence the sales and marketing campaigns adhering to the relevant Codes of Practice/regulations.
- To ensure effective communication which reflects leadership, focus, direction and motivation of the sales team.
- To develop and monitor an integrated operational plan which achieves business goals for the northern area
Key performance indicators/ Measures of success
- Sales and market share targets (sales vs targets, market share growth, market share, absolute cash growth and relative cash growth).
- Contact rate and coverage (daily contact rate vs benchmark)
- Coverage and frequency of target doctors and percentage of doctors in productive frequency
- Expenditure does not exceed budget
- Delivery of overall operational plan and reporting to timescale and budget
- Quality and success rate of training and development of sales team
- Therapy/product knowledge including tertiary evaluations of progress
- Management of the delivery of customer centric activities
- Number of associates: <10
- Financial responsibility: Sales target $<5m; Meetings budgets
- Impact on the organisation: Key role in achieving sales targets and developing sales teams
- 1st Degree in relevant discipline OR Life science degree, paramedic/nursing qualification, ABPI
- Proven, successful selling track record (Primary and Secondary Care) 3-5 years in Pharma environment.
- Ability to manage teams.
- Coaching experience, ideally in training department.
- Marketing Sciences/product management experience would be beneficial but not essential
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should forward all applications to email@example.com using ‘DMN’ as subject of mail. Application closes 10th January, 2016.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.