Career Opportunity at Monsanto Company
Posted on: 17 December, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Monsanto Company
Monsanto Company is a publicly traded American multinational agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation headquartered in Creve Coeur, Greater St. Louis, Missouri.Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company. We deliver agricultural products that support farmers all around the world.
The Operations Lead is responsible for supporting the commercial organization (Sales, Marketing and Product Management) in area to ensure strong and sustainable growth of the Row Crops business (Seed and Chem). This position is also accountable for the P&L of the countries in the West Africa ( Nigeria, Burkina Faso and others). Support the commercial team in order to optimize net income through maximizing of sales and control of SG&A; coordinate development and management of national sales plans according to the overall budget assigned to the West Africa Area and monitor the YTD achievements of the targets and coordinate the implementation of proper recovery actions in case it is needed.
- Support the Commercial Team through developing, negotiating and managing customer agreements and pricing while focusing on retaining and improving customer relationships; also analyzing performance in the different areas of sales, relevant margins and expenses, performing account planning and positioning for commercial accounts
- Support Company policy of financial tracking revenue recognition to maintain a proper inventory level to meet both customers and Company needs (Forecast accuracy).
- Build and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders utilizing Monsanto’s internal expertise and strengths across all divisions and functions promoting initiatives to improve and develop new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate strong leadership by influencing and winning support within the commercial team (sales, marketing, finance, customer operations); support that functional and organizational objectives are met by creating a synergistic culture, transferring Company strategy into meaningful team objectives and actively seeking effectiveness in order to improve performance
- Support the Commercial team by: developing team effectiveness; providing Monthly Reports to Area Lead and circulating to the team to encourage depth of understanding of financial indicators and performance ‘v’ country scorecard.
- Address and seize opportunities to grow our corn, cotton and chem business in the countries in the WA Region by;
- analyzing the situation and define plan,
- seeking the buy-in from the organization
- setting example in the implementation.
- Ensure compliance with local, state laws for all Company activities: acquisitions, mergers, employee agreements, negotiations, agents, consultants, employees, third parties engagements, purchase and/or sales of business / building, contractual signatures, labor rule compliance, ESH local law compliance, FCPA and BC compliance process. Actively engage in driving corrective actions either within the local management team or external parties
- Coordinator and mentor across functional projects and programs: identify and/or lead together with the Leadership Team different project plans
- Fluent in English and French
- SAP, MS Office software (Excel, E-mail, Word, Project etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning ability (Setting appropriate milestones and demonstrating forward progress)
- Results focused with the proven ability to use own initiative.
- Strong teamwork (flexibility to work across the areas and positively influencing others)
- Leadership skills
- Establishing clear direction and making decisions on a timely manner
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Monsanto Career Page on Taleo
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Monsanto CompanySimilar Jobs
- Head of Accounts Department at AMO Group
- Operations Supervisor at Process Raiser Enterprise
- Head of Accounts Department at AMO Group
- Accounts Payable at Tomato Jos
- Technical Officer at SIAT Nigeria Limited
- Senior Agronomist at KPMG Nigeria
- Warehouse Manager at WACOT Limited