Since our inception, SENCE has been totally focused on building a strategic, quality consulting practice. We are committed to helping SMEs succeed in a challenging and tasking environment by providing them with the support they need to survive and grow.
Roles and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
• Supervise legal assistants.
• Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
• Research and provided legal opinion on various areas of law.
• Advise clients concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
• Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
• Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
• Gather evidence to formulate defence or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
• Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
• Prepare court processes.
• Present evidence to defend clients or prosecute defendants in criminal or civil litigation.
• Represent clients in court or government agencies on various matters of law
• Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
• Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
• Prepare and draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, patent applications, mortgages, leases, and contracts.
• Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
• Negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
• Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
• Act as agent, trustee, guardian, or executor for businesses or individuals.
• Probate wills and represent and advise executors and administrators of estates.
• Analytical ability
• Attention to detail
• Logical reasoning
• Sound judgment
• Writing ability
Skills and Qualification:
• A Legal Practitioner with at least 5 years post call experience
• 3 of which must be in a litigation firm.
• Must have good advocacy skill
• Research skill
• Drafting of court processes.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.