- Client expectations- Ensure achievement of contract/agreement goals (meeting or exceeding expected project targets and deliverables on time and within budget) as per contract/agreement and client(s) approved Results Framework and Performance Monitoring Plan.
- Project Management- Provide effective project management systems within MSH policies, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures while ensuring local ownership, appropriateness and responsiveness.
- Relationships- Cultivate and maintain effective dialogue and relationships with project client(s), beneficiaries, partner(s), coworkers and other local and international stakeholders.
- MSH Interests- Safeguard MSH’s reputation by ensuring that financial, contractual, technical, and political integrity is maintained and strengthened.
Vision and Technical Strategy
- Develop and execute project’s Results Framework, Performance Monitoring Plan, Technical Strategy, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plan and annual project work plans as per contract/agreement requirements, approved budget and received obligations, MSH technical frameworks and standards, and Results Management Systems (RMS) guidelines.
- Implement a Financial Pipeline Tracking system for effective budget monitoring and cost control based on sound financial and accounting principles, MSH Standard Operating Procedures, and MSH and donor reporting requirements.
- Develop and adapt (as needed) project financial plan in line with contract/agreement budget and received obligations, technical strategy, work plan, and reporting requirements.
- Ensure contract/agreement implementation in compliance with contract/agreement clauses, MSH and donor policies, regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure project staffing, structure and reporting relationships are aligned with project needs, local context and available resources.
- Manage human resources in accordance to MSH values, policies and guidelines, and implement an effective performance-management program focusing on results and individual accountability, including regular check-ins, annual appraisals, supportive supervision, rewards, training, coaching and career development support.
- With support of Project Director Supervisor, develop technical assistance plan and budget.
Documentation and Communication
- Ensure appropriate and timely documentation and dissemination of key results and deliverables for maximum project impact and business development using a variety of communication strategies and media.
- Promote and facilitate staff participation in MSH’s Technical Exchange Network (TEN) and south-to-south exchanges.
- Ensure quarterly submission of project documentation to MSH’s central Institutional Memory System (IMS).
Client(s) and other Stakeholder(s) Relationships
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers and partners. Provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns.
- Contribute to building MSH’s reputation by developing local and international networks to disseminate project results, attract talent and generate business.
Other MSH Contributions
- Collaborate with the MSH Country Representative and participate as required in activities organized in the context of MSH Representation in country.
- Ensure harmonious collaboration with, and cost-effective use of, the COMU.
- Collaborate with the Office of Strategic Development and Communications in aspects of business development, including strategic communication, intelligence gathering, positioning, proposal development, etc.
- Identify and track new business opportunities by communicating them to the relevant internal MSH stakeholders.
- Ensure effective project collaboration, coordination and internal partnerships with other projects, Centers and Offices to build synergies across programs for maximum impact.