If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Devex is assisting an international non-profit information and communication technology services organization focused on health systems and solutions in its search for a:
The Health Delivery Systems Program leverages the organization’s technological capabilities, data-driven approach, and momentum from its work in the polio eradication program in the design and implementation of ICT infrastructure, software development, vaccine and essential- medicines logistics fulfillment, and service delivery initiatives to improve the quality and availability of information, supplies, and services to the last mile.
The Program Manager is responsible for administering, growing, and reporting on the initiatives and multidisciplinary teams within the Program portfolio, coordinating programmatic strategy across the organization’s functional departments - including geographic information systems, software, operations and research, and liaising with government and external partners.
As the Program enters its second year, the organization is looking for a strong leader with a passion for last-mile service delivery and systems thinking in global health to build on the Program’s growth and help it realize its potential across the region. Candidates with vaccine logistics, technology development, systems engineering, and/or business management backgrounds preferred.
Minimum two-year commitment required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as the primary contact with partners/clients for all project related items
- Participates in long- and short-term program development and planning, and the development of new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Develops and effectively manages program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables.
- Monitors program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments
- Serves as a resource to project managers for all inquiries, and issues resolutions for project management, contract budget and remediation, and regulatory document preparation
- Responsible for contract and financial management for programs. Ensures budgets
- are tracked against contract milestones.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Writes reports on the program for management and for funders.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Project Management staff.
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Project Management or related field.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in project management or an equivalent
- combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective project teams, ability
- to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Exemplary skills with leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams, as well as
- mentoring other team members in a clinical research setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention
- to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good
- problem solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting
- group effort and achievement.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Good learning ability.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business
- periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of
- managers, employees and the general public.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.