Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
To coordinate, control, manage, support and track day to day network operations in the Zone to ensure optimal network availability, coverage, maintaining target network KPI’s to deliver plus one network quality. Provide local network support to the Sales and Commercial team in the Zones to ensure that network impacting issues are proactively resolved.
Day to day management of all Zonal Network Operations & Maintenance Strategic Partners (SPs) to deliver optimal availability and QoS
- Support the Operational Interface to both internal and external stakeholders especially Commercial teams to ensure customer issues are resolved within acceptable KPIs
- Track Special events calendar with ZBM and Marketing functions and ensure best in class service during special events within Zone.
- Tracking Zone Network performance (Various KPIs and Network Availability)
- Support Periodic audit of all Transmission, Core and Radio Network and preventive maintenance schedule audit
- Ensure that special task/project required by HQ Technical is carried out in the Zone.
- Closely working with E//MS Team to develop processes to prevent/reduce network failures
- Tracking and ensuring that Colo Partners deliver on SLAs
- Ensure SAQ activity is up to date (Rental renewal and lease payments with Zonal Finance
- Following with various internal functions, MS Partners, Colo Partners on all issues affecting Radio Network availability, Quality and experience
- Ensure security and community issues do not cause delayed closure of sites
- Advising and ensuring implementation of preventive activities by MS Partners and Colo Partners in order to improve network performance
- Ensuring the adherence to applicable regulatory requirements
- Audit and support Zonal spares management to ensure availability of both critical and non critical spares at the Zonal warehouses
- Probes network experience by doing a weekly trending analysis of the volume as well the types of complaints received
- Ensure proactive and continuous improvement of Customer experience and perception within zone.
- Daily analysis of worst cells and follows up with MS partners on corrective and preventive measures.
- Ensure power availability of all IBS sites that are not transferred to Tower Company.
- Drive continuous Network improvement of own zone drawing up improvement plan and following up on related functions within network.
Prepare and manage the annual Zonal operating plans OPEX (AOPs) for all the active and passive network systems in Airtel Nigeria (Financial)
- Direct Annual Zonal Operating Plan compilation for Airtel Nigeria Networks
- Direct achievement of Annual Zonal Operating Plan targets and all local and group Operating Expenditure saving initiatives to ensure optimization of all network investments
- Ensure Key focus on recurring Operating Expenditure.
Drive the end to end process documentation, implementation and compliance to processes, procedures and policies to ensure seamless operations across all SP (Process Management)
- Institute service level agreement measurement methodology to ensure all SPs are accurately measured, rewarded and penalized accordingly
- Identify, document and implement pertinent processes procedures and policies that will continually improve operational efficiency
- to ensure that all network facilities are maintained in adherence to global best practices
- Ensure that all activities of Operations and Maintenance in the Zone adhere to corresponding regulatory requirements in daily operations.
- Ensure all processes for effective management of Partners.
- Ensuring that Zonal SP requirements receive the necessary support from both the network local and central teams.