The Channel Manager Distribution will drive growth within the Distribution channel on a national level. In other words this professional will be handling the coordination of the sales and contract strategy in order to enable the acquisition of new distributors and the management of the relationship with existing distributors to maximize profitability and revenues within the Distribution channel.
With his devotion and perseverance he will achieve his goal and so expand the market position of Schneider Electric business in Nigeria. To make this a success, relevant knowledge of low voltage system and component business and previous experience in managing channel partners is a must.
- Develop the strategy for expansion of the Distribution channel in Nigeria in line with the regional goals and strategy.
- Develop and successfully execute sales strategies to exceed the sales and profitability targets on this channel.
- Work closely with relevant functional leaders (Product Management, Customer Relations Center, & Pricing Team).
- Redefine, create, manage and track specific business plans/actions through regular meetings and reviews.
- Use of Schneider Electric internal tools to deliver highly accurate forecasts that identify revenue and timing of all projects, resulting in a qualified pipeline of prospects and detailed input.
- Provide feedback regarding market trends, pricing and competition to commercial operations and P&L – including win/loss analysis.
- Identify New Product Introduction and business development needs to penetrate new markets
- Maintain strong cross business selling initiatives, leveraging BU, sales forums and local teams.
- Leverage customer /partner/ internal SE relationships.
- Partners with Distributors to plan strategies, provide quality service, train customer's personnel, and provide support necessary for attainment of customer's goals and objectives. Anticipates obstacles and identifies alternative strategies.
- Maintains active relationships with SE Distributors. Negotiates discrepancies between customer's expectations and SE's.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge/experience of low voltage components and systems sales
- Experience in finding business partners, support onboarding and manage new partnersSupporting business partners selling into his segment
- Experience in managing sales and orders targets and reporting in a matrix environment
- Approximately 5 years relevant experience in Nigeria.
- A good University degree
- BSc. Electrical engineering will be an added advantage.