If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of a Nutrition Specialist
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-May 2015-42
Level: National Professional (NOC)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of an experienced Nutrition Specialist who will be responsible for the formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition project(s) to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the project management, delivery and accomplishment of project goals and objectives in Bauchi Field Office.
Qualification and Competencies
- Advance University Degree in one of the discipline relevant to the following area: Public Health and Nutrition , Health Science, International Health Education, Health and Nutrition Promotion and Disease Prevention, Public Health, Health Emergency Preparedness, or other relevant discipline.
- Training in gender and in nutrition programmes that promote gender equality as asset.
- Five (5) years of relevant professional work experience.
- Field work experience and background/familiarity with emergency.
- Experience in monitoring gender inequalities and in programming interventions that reduces these inequalities as asset.
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duly station
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the technical areas of UNICEF programmes.
- Advanced Technical knowledge of theories, principles and methods in one of the following areas:
- Public Health and Nutrition, International Health and Nutrition, Public Health and Nutrition Policy and Management, Population and Family Health and Nutrition, Public Health Preparedness, Health Emergency Preparedness.
- Nutritional Epidemiology, Nutrition Research, Biostatistics, Biochemistry, Socio-medical Sciences.
- Health Nutrition Education, Health and Nutrition Promotion and Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions in Heath and Nutritional Care.
- Gender and diversity awareness.
- Computer software application, including word processing, spreadsheet and corporate software package.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application, accompanied by an updated CV in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form to: email@example.com
Download the United Nations Personal History Form
Note: Candidate should indicate the Job Title they are applying for on the subject line of the email.