The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Lead strategic coordination, review and analysis of key program deliverables including PATHS2 monthly, quarterly and annual reports for prompt submission to DFiD; ensuring timeliness, completeness and content quality
• Act as the 'clearing house' for technical information and liaising with the appropriate personnel within PATHS2 (NPM, SMT, State Teams, technical Leads) and external (Partners including FMoH, other projects, etc.) to facilitate the achievement of program deliverables
• Facilitate quarterly work plan and budget implementation review (including scheduling and follow through on implementation and key deliverables) in alignment with the PATHS2 theory of change and desired outcomes
• Track progress against specific pre-agreed milestones; explore opportunities for improving the quality and pace of program milestones.
• Facilitate the processes and development of a range of products that will ensure PATHS2 brings program best practices and learnings to the attention of policymakers, program design teams and implementers at the state, national, and global levels
• Coordinate the development of key program documents in preparation for annual reviews including VFM analysis, Aries Report, Presentations, and other documents as appropriate
•Proactively plan and work with State focal person, KM and M&E teams, as well as all technical leads to implement an holistic documentation (including evidence gathering) of the current phase of the program; Lead the development of the end-of-program report and dissemination;
• Provide in-depth VFM analysis and support the alignment of program decisions as appropriate
• Work with the KM and M&E teams to quality assure program products; facilitate the generation, application and analysis of required evidence for communication products and for program-wide learning efforts;
• Support the cross-fertilization, knowledge, and information exchange between both state offices;
• Support the review of activity memos for the implementation of work plan (and emerging) activities
• Support the application of Operations Research (OR) findings to improve program planning and implementation;
• Facilitate the preparation and participate in monthly update meetings at the request of DFiD; and;
• Coordinate with PATHS2 technical backstop at Bethesda and other consortium leads (as appropriate) on key program deliverables and technical issues.
Qualification requirements include the following:
• Masters Degree in International Relations, Public Health, Public Administration, or other relevant field.
• 10 years of relevant professional experience in strategic planning, program tracking, results communications and dissemination preferred
• At least 5 years of experience in implementing and managing donor-funded programs and initiatives in Nigeria including experience with DfID-funded projects in Nigeria
• Experience providing in-depth VFM analysis
• Experience facilitating strategic meetings including reflection meetings and tracking deliverables
• Demonstrated leadership skills; strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, and good judgment; ability to anticipate and solve problems.
• Ability to work within a team, and independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
• Fluency in relevant local languages and excellent verbal communication and writing skills in English preferred
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.