WTS Energy is looking for a Lead Subsea Controls Engineer abd UFR Pre-commissioning Engineer to work in Nigeria; the client is an oil and gas operator.
The Lead Subsea Controls Engineer`s primary focus is required to be on technical compliance of the Subsea Systems designs with Contract requirements. The objective of the role is to obtain equipment to specification, of the requisite quality levels in line with the Contract Schedule.
The Lead Subsea Controls Engineer will report to the SPS Engineering Manager for all technical matters throughout execution of the Project, ensuring development by the SPS Contractor of design documentation in compliance with the Exhibit E Design Dossier and Operational Requirements
The duties of the Lead Subsea Controls Engineer, are summarised as follows:-
- Provide technical oversight of all issues related to or effecting the Systems Engineering Design aspects of the SPS equipment to ensure compliance with Contract specifications and requirements. Give much-needed System Engineering support to the SPS Package Engineering Leads.
- Ensure implementation in his/her own discipline of all HSE and QC requirements and report to SPS Engineering Manager on any deviation.
- Liaise with Company specialists within technical departments to ensure conformance of SPS Contractor’s proposed designs with, or for approval to derogate from, Company specifications.
- Be the Leader for all SPS Systems Engineering related documentation, Approver on system-specific documents, consolidating comments within Prodom in accordance with the Contract and Work Time Schedule ensuring consistency with Contract Specifications and requirements.
- Liaise with other SPS Company disciplines to ensure that internal interfaces and transverse technical requirements are adequately incorporated into the definition of SPS design documentation.
- Active participation in any technical interface workshops and in resolution of interface design issues between SPS and other packages
- Provide required support to ICAPS Leader for review and evaluation of SPS pre-commissioning, commissioning and Equipment hand-over deliverables from SPS Contractor to ensure compliance with Company specifications and incorporation of requirements into design specifications.
- Provide assistance to the SPS Engineering Manager, taking the lead for follow-up of SPS Contractor activities related to SPS Systems engineering design activities such as PFDs, P&IDs, Flow Assurance, Thermal Performance/Hydrate management, follow up of HAZOP/HAZID actions to ensure implementation, continuous monitoring of the Drill Centre Layouts for any changes (initiated from other Egina packages) and impact assessment, Operability Reviews, decommissioning studies, etc
- Assist SPS Engineering Manager in the identification and management of Risk associated with Systems, Engineering Activities within the package. To be reviewed on a monthly basis.
- Ensure overall design verification plan is implemented and all the required SPS studies and analyses are carried out in a timely and correct fashion.
- Report Systems engineering progress regularly, formally through weekly and monthly reports, to the SPS Engineering Manager, highlighting critical problems and identifying potential schedule and cost impacts. Propose recovery and ensure technical implementation by the Contractor. Develop and monitor KPIs for the overall engineering scope.
- Evaluation of the commercial aspects of the SPS Systems Engineering issues with particular emphasis on Contract Execution strategy including schedule, QA / QC requirements and interface management
- Review and management of Contractor’s technical resources, identifying that they are adequate (and competent) for achieving the discipline works
- Participate to preparation of the Change Order Appraisal Procedures and Documentation.
- Assist in the resolution of technical and execution related queriesfrom both the SPS Contractor and Company teams. Review proposed deviations and give recommendation for project management approval.
- Organise and / or represent Company for System and General Engineering related matters in meetings with the SPS Contractor, Company Project Teams and Corporate entities
- Contribute to continuous compilation of lessons learned for conversion into Project Feedback and for use in compilation of Close-Out Report.
- Produce Close-out Report for Systems Engineering related activities.
- Lead the System Engineering Unit and delegate to Subsea System Engineer as necessary.
- Mentor System Engineer and Trainee(s) within the unit, ensuring performance targets are established and monitored
- Deputise for SPS Engineering Manager on an as needed basis
- To fully comply with office security, health and safety instructions.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- In doubt to ask questions to gain clarification.
- To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
- Education: Professional engineer.
- Qualification: >10 years experience in Subsea Production Systems and / or a discipline of SPS. Demonstrable knowledge of intra SPS discipline interfaces. Previous experience of Company / Operator Representation during Detail Engineering phase is an advantage.
- Mobility: Placement is in Lagos, Nigeria at SPS Contractor location with the potential for international trips.
- Language: English fluent.
Terms & Conditions
go to method of application »
The UFR Pre-commissioning Engineer is directly responsible for providing technical insights to all offshore procedures and tasks plans associated with the UFR scope of work and make sure the tasks are carried out with full respect to HSE, quality and schedule in full compliance to particular technical requirements and schedule defined in the EPCI contract.
To this objective, the Pre-commissioning Engineer will be in charge of:
• Review project pre-commissioning requirements and identify critical points to be monitored in UFR Contractor activities.
• Follow up and review the preparation of pre-commissioning specifications and procedures and reporting tools (including technical database, planning and punch list control).
• Review of the installation procedures with the pre-commissioning orientation and ensure pre-commissioning feasibility.
• Manage the execution of pre-commissioning activities for UFR and subsea equipment with due consideration for safety, technical, quality, cost and achieving smooth hand over.
• Supervise UFR Contractor for the integration of UFR activities within the OPERCOM and ICAPS processes.
• Manage pre-commissioning interfaces with SPS, FPSO packages and Field-Operations and on request, attend Pre-commissioning tests/trials either organised by UFR or by other Egina packages.
• Manage and supervise all related offshore and onshore pre-commissioning activities, including coordination and planning of offshore logistic activities, with active presence onshore and offshore in Nigeria.
• Elaborate and follow up the schedule of pre-commissioning of UFR in order to reach the planned end date.
• Assist UFR Management in preparing the Gas-Export Commissioning with Field-Ops and indentifying all requirements from UFR Contractor for that particular task.
• Assist the UFR pre-commissioning Lead Engineer for the hand-over of installed items, including supervision and review of the hand-over dossiers and feedback reports prepared by UFR Contractor.
• Supervising Contractor’s preparations of the offshore campaign in close liaison with the Pre-commissioning Lead and the HSE Leader.
• Following Pre-commissioning tasks and making sure the Pre-commissioning procedures are duly enforced by UFR Contractor during the course of the Pre-commissioning.
• Reporting to the Pre-commissioning Lead and the Installation manager about all technical issues that require to be specifically addressed in documentation review or during Pre-commissioning and mobilization progress meetings.
• Supplying verified information to the reporting system that allows full tracking of Pre-commissioning events either to be used for reporting issue or for mitigation of future change order.
• Working in cooperation and getting assistance from dedicated Egina UFR Team specialists, TUPNI Marine/Logistic or TOTAL HQ Specialists (DEV/TEC), or third parties, if required, for specific topics.
• Following offshore the pre-commissioning operations, at least the critical ones.
• Ensuring HSE requirements are taken into consideration during Pre-commissioning design and Pre-commissioning phases and that design is approved by Third parties (Certification and/or Classification and/or MWS) when applicable.
• Participating to the UFR Pre-commissioning risk assessment and following mitigation measures, in close coordination with the contractor risk management team and ensure that HSE plan is properly bridged with Egina HSE plan and that contractor implement the necessary prevention means to minimize risk to people and Company/contractor assets
• Verifying that all safety and environmental findings will be implemented in the final procedures.
• Liaising closely with the HSE Manager and UFR Installation & Pre-commissioning lead to define whether or not proper COMOPS/SIMOPS dossier is required before undertaking any offshore pre-commissioning activities. When identified, following the COMOPS and SIMOPS dossier preparation by CONTRACTOR.
• Participating in various technical reviews (COMOPS, SIMOPS, Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments…) and ensuring implementation of recommendations as necessary.
• Accountable for a timely review of Pre-commissioning documentation in accordance with Contract requirements, in particular technical/ HSE requirements, within schedule and without undue change to the scope, for technical information to be supplied for interface issues, for going offshore when required to follow pre-commissioning operations; preparing reporting to the Pre-commissioning Lead in a timely manner.
• Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline with MSc or equivalent, specialized in Marine Construction/ Civil Engineering.
• Sound background in Oil and Gas installations, marine operations and offshore construction.
• Minimum 10 years experience in Design and Installation of Subsea / Deepwater Steel Structures or previous exposure to UFR EPCI projects, especially in Pre-commissioning activities.
• Good knowledge of international structural design codes / standards and TOTAL general specifications.
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize activities, identify critical aspects, propose solutions, lead specialists or third parties, summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters.
• Fluent in English (verbal and written).
Method of Application
Use links below to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale