WTS Energy is looking for a Lead Subsea Controls Engineer abd UFR Pre-commissioning Engineer to work in Nigeria; the client is an oil and gas operator.
The Lead Subsea Controls Engineer`s primary focus is required to be on technical compliance of the Subsea Systems designs with Contract requirements. The objective of the role is to obtain equipment to specification, of the requisite quality levels in line with the Contract Schedule.
The Lead Subsea Controls Engineer will report to the SPS Engineering Manager for all technical matters throughout execution of the Project, ensuring development by the SPS Contractor of design documentation in compliance with the Exhibit E Design Dossier and Operational Requirements
The duties of the Lead Subsea Controls Engineer, are summarised as follows:-
Terms & Conditions
The UFR Pre-commissioning Engineer is directly responsible for providing technical insights to all offshore procedures and tasks plans associated with the UFR scope of work and make sure the tasks are carried out with full respect to HSE, quality and schedule in full compliance to particular technical requirements and schedule defined in the EPCI contract.
To this objective, the Pre-commissioning Engineer will be in charge of:
• Review project pre-commissioning requirements and identify critical points to be monitored in UFR Contractor activities.
• Follow up and review the preparation of pre-commissioning specifications and procedures and reporting tools (including technical database, planning and punch list control).
• Review of the installation procedures with the pre-commissioning orientation and ensure pre-commissioning feasibility.
• Manage the execution of pre-commissioning activities for UFR and subsea equipment with due consideration for safety, technical, quality, cost and achieving smooth hand over.
• Supervise UFR Contractor for the integration of UFR activities within the OPERCOM and ICAPS processes.
• Manage pre-commissioning interfaces with SPS, FPSO packages and Field-Operations and on request, attend Pre-commissioning tests/trials either organised by UFR or by other Egina packages.
• Manage and supervise all related offshore and onshore pre-commissioning activities, including coordination and planning of offshore logistic activities, with active presence onshore and offshore in Nigeria.
• Elaborate and follow up the schedule of pre-commissioning of UFR in order to reach the planned end date.
• Assist UFR Management in preparing the Gas-Export Commissioning with Field-Ops and indentifying all requirements from UFR Contractor for that particular task.
• Assist the UFR pre-commissioning Lead Engineer for the hand-over of installed items, including supervision and review of the hand-over dossiers and feedback reports prepared by UFR Contractor.
• Supervising Contractor’s preparations of the offshore campaign in close liaison with the Pre-commissioning Lead and the HSE Leader.
• Following Pre-commissioning tasks and making sure the Pre-commissioning procedures are duly enforced by UFR Contractor during the course of the Pre-commissioning.
• Reporting to the Pre-commissioning Lead and the Installation manager about all technical issues that require to be specifically addressed in documentation review or during Pre-commissioning and mobilization progress meetings.
• Supplying verified information to the reporting system that allows full tracking of Pre-commissioning events either to be used for reporting issue or for mitigation of future change order.
• Working in cooperation and getting assistance from dedicated Egina UFR Team specialists, TUPNI Marine/Logistic or TOTAL HQ Specialists (DEV/TEC), or third parties, if required, for specific topics.
• Following offshore the pre-commissioning operations, at least the critical ones.
• Ensuring HSE requirements are taken into consideration during Pre-commissioning design and Pre-commissioning phases and that design is approved by Third parties (Certification and/or Classification and/or MWS) when applicable.
• Participating to the UFR Pre-commissioning risk assessment and following mitigation measures, in close coordination with the contractor risk management team and ensure that HSE plan is properly bridged with Egina HSE plan and that contractor implement the necessary prevention means to minimize risk to people and Company/contractor assets
• Verifying that all safety and environmental findings will be implemented in the final procedures.
• Liaising closely with the HSE Manager and UFR Installation & Pre-commissioning lead to define whether or not proper COMOPS/SIMOPS dossier is required before undertaking any offshore pre-commissioning activities. When identified, following the COMOPS and SIMOPS dossier preparation by CONTRACTOR.
• Participating in various technical reviews (COMOPS, SIMOPS, Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments…) and ensuring implementation of recommendations as necessary.
• Accountable for a timely review of Pre-commissioning documentation in accordance with Contract requirements, in particular technical/ HSE requirements, within schedule and without undue change to the scope, for technical information to be supplied for interface issues, for going offshore when required to follow pre-commissioning operations; preparing reporting to the Pre-commissioning Lead in a timely manner.
Requirements• Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline with MSc or equivalent, specialized in Marine Construction/ Civil Engineering.
Use links below to apply