Swap Consulting is recruiting for the following positions
Division/Department: Network Planning
Directly reports to: Team lead, FTTH Design
Directly supervises: None
WORK SCHEDULE: 8am-5pm
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Occasional
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Site Survey and Design
1. Conduct Site surveys for study and planning of new FTTH deployment.
2. Prepare Low Level Design of Civil and Fiber Infrastructure for Optical Distribution Network (ODN) deployment to cover future demands.
3. FTTH Optical Distribution Network (ODN) planning, Cost estimation, Route Selection, fiber Management and Fiber Link Power Budgeting.
4. Prepare detailed FTTH design drawings including duct layouts and cabling layouts.
5. Preparation of BoM for FTTH OSP projects.
6. Preparation of High Level project scope description.
7. Preparation of fiber cabling plan and splice plans for FTTH projects
8. Review of as-built drawings with FTTH roll-out team to ensure conformity with original design.
9. Planning and site selection of Central Offices (CO)
10. Design of Central Offices’ civil and fiber infrastructure.
Project Related Activities
11. Pre-project discussions and co-ordination with FTTH roll-out team and OSP vendors.
12. Joint site walk-throughs with OSP Supervisor and contractor after kickoff meetings.
13. Conduct joint surveys with project team to resolve variation and change in scope issues.
14. Revise designs and BOMs and send in the documents for variation or scope change approval.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI)
• Accuracy of OSP design (measured by level of modification by Team lead required on the design before final submission to Head, Network Services Business Unit).
• Accuracy of Bill of Materials within tolerance limits.
• The percentage of time site surveys are done within schedule without un-necessary re-visits.
• Accuracy of High level Descriptions (measured by level of modification required after submission to Team Lead)
• Accuracy of Fibre Splice Plans
Academic and Professional:
Minimum requirements is HND in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering/Computer Science, Information Systems. However, field experience for Non- science or engineering backgrounds can be considered.
• Experience using CAD (Autocad, Visio) and Microsoft office software
• Excellent communication skill
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Prioritizing work
• Generating & maintaining accurate records
• Outside Plant Fibre experience – site surveys, fibre laying, splicing, termination, troubleshooting.
• Ability to use fibre tools e.g optical power metre, light source and OTDR.
• General Networking
• Fibre Optic Technology
• FTTH Network Architecture
• Analytical ability
• Creativity & Flexibility
• Ability to work under pressure
• Honesty & Integrity
• Experimental inclination
FTTH ACTIVATION SCHEDULER (FAS) FOR FIBRE OPTIC CABLE DEPLOYMENTS
The FTTH Activation Scheduler (FAS) shall be responsible for setting up and cancelling, as the case may be, all appointments with customers for visits to survey for, install, maintain, repair, correct and/or upgrade FTTH services to customers, including quality control and assurance visits.
The FAS coordinates customers, FTTH Technicians and Activation Contractors to ensure that appointments are successfully met. This responsibility equally includes managing missed appointments due to customer or the activation team.
The FAS is the principal liaison between the assigned FTTH Technicians and Activation Contractors on the one hand and the customer, on the other.
The FAS communicates scheduled appointments for FTTH activations to the FTTH Technicians, Activation Contractors and follows up until service is activated.
The FAS manages the status of work order from setting up the appointment with customers and communicating to the FTTH Technicians and Activation Contractors. Status may include activation scheduled, appointment communicated, survey carried out, installation completed, service activated, necessary and relevant project completion documents submitted by the FTTH Technicians, etc.
The FAS actively participates in scheduling meetings as may be required by the Supervisor to finalize priority of work orders, rework, and re-appointments.
The FAS continuously improves scheduling by receiving feedback from customers, FTTH Technicians and Activation Contractors and providing same feedback in a regular report to the Supervisor
The FAS keeps accurate metrics on the performance of planning and scheduling functions and provide timely reports to the Supervisor.
The FAS carries out other relevant and related tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor
Good speaking and hearing abilities are important to be able to handle telephonic communication. English language skills are essential for communication.
Good writing and reporting skills are required to manage written communication to all parties
Listening skills and a positive way of looking at people and situations will be immensely helpful to handle customers and fellow staff
The individual must be a team player as well as capable of working independently.
The individual must have a flair for analysis and meaningful presentation of data.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
At least 2 years working relevant experience, for instance as a project officer, field support engineer or project scheduler.
Good honors degree in electrical engineering or a relevant computing/IT discipline.
User experience for Microsoft Office Tools, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
• Provide second–level technical support for iWireless customers through escalations from call agents
• Supervise both internal and external (contractors) personnel during SOMA base station installations
• Network support functions for corporate clients
• Maintenance of connectivity for clients.
Academic and Professional: B.Sc (Elect/Elect) CCNA, CCNP (ONT)
Experience: 2 yrs
• LAN/WAN Network troubleshooting skills
• LAN, WAN, WiMAX, VoIP,
• Conscientious, Dedicated, Highly motivated
• Site survey for all Radios, Sites and VSAT links.
• Installation & Maintenance of Radios & Maintenance Of Earthing Base
• Installation & Maintenance of Alvarion Radio,S & Soma Base Station
• Retrieval of equipments from site and making request and returns Of equipments for installation & maintenance
• Installation and commissioning of corporate links (Hub and Sub).
• Configuration of VSAT modems (Vipersat, Comtech, EF Data and DVB)
• Report generation.
General maintenance and support of Vsat and radio links
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI)
• Soma installation.
• Backhaul links installation and commissioning.
Academic and Professional:
SCHOOL CERTIFICATE & OND/B.Sc.
Six (6) YEARS EXPERIENCE
The Outside Plant (OSP) Supervisor oversees on-going fibre optic & civil work activities delivered by subcontracted service providers (SP) assuring adherence to agreed scope of work and deliveries’ specifications, and managing and following up on changes, unforeseen hinders and other events having an impact on project scope, cost and time.
The OSP Supervisor will be involved in the day to day communication with subcontracted service providers, as well as with Customer and Local Authority organizations in the construction of the Fiber project. The role is expected to involve a significant element of on-site attendance.
The OSP Supervisor is also responsible for the setting, monitoring, analyzing and managing subcontractor performance as well as conducting audits of subcontractor’s fibre optic & civil works workmanship.
Main responsibilities of the OSP Supervisor include, but not limited to:
• Supervising and co-ordinating subcontracted service provider’s deliveries with regard to outside plant construction civil work activities and required fibre optic installation/termination, ensuring the project is delivering on scope, cost and time;
• Monitoring, managing and reporting subcontractor’s performance against project targets;
• Organizing and performing civil work quality audits as appropriate; identify, make recommendations and follow up on improving the quality and performance of the subcontractor’s workmanship during the project rollout;
• Managing daily communication, being a point of contact for SP for queries, change requests and issue resolution in construction phase of the pilot;
• Being a primary interface with Local Authorities, SP, and customer regarding appropriate work permits, for example, Right of Way (ROW),Road Opening Licences; • Liaison with subcontractor’s Supply Chain and Logistics over delivery of materials;
• Producing weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports as required by Programme Management.
• Proven track records of managing and/or supervising both metro and long distance fibre optic projects for Telecom operators; sound knowledge of telecom industry working best practices, norms and compliance requirements with regard to fibre installation & civil work deliveries;
• FTTx and/or blown fibre deployment experience are distinct advantages i.e. fibre termination using fusion splicing, testing fibre links with OTDR.
• Capable of generating clear, concise and accurate ‘As built’ Documentation of the fibre network
• Familiarity with the requirements of Health & Safety legislation in Nigeria;
• Experience in civil works planning and managing applications for ROW & Road Opening Licenses with Local Authorities;
• User experience for Microsoft Office Tools including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Project;
• User experience for Visio/AutoCAD/GIS tools is desired
Excellent communication skills
• Fluent English speaker
• Required education and experience: Degree in Telecoms engineering
• At least 5 years in telecommunications industry, with 2 years experience in Fiber network deployments
• Specific Knowledge of Civil Works planning applications with Nigerian Local Authorities
Send CV and cover letter, with position of interest as subject, to email@example.com by November 20, 2014