1. Participate in the development, implementation and reporting of the HACT implementation plan and the annual HACT Assurance plans.
2. Provide technical support to ensure that the Office has evidence-based information, as per the assurance plan, to assess whether progress reported by partners is in accordance with work plans and that resources provided by UNICEF are safeguarded, including:
a. Monitor whether activities are taking place as per the assurance plan and undertake analysis of issues requiring management attention.
b. Support the spot check process in the Office by undertaking select spot checks and/or providing technical support to internal staff undertaking spot checks.
c. Assist programme sections to determine appropriate follow-up actions to issues and recommendations identified in spot checks and scheduled audit.
d. Advise senior management when special audits may be required.
e. Provide technical support in drafting terms of reference for special audits and follow-up on findings.
f. Make recommendations to Office with regards to implementing UNDG HACT Framework as per UNCIEF policies and procedures.
g. Adapts HACT tools for the office, such as templates, according to the common criteria established in UNICEF policy and procedures.
h. Identify high-risk areas requiring special support from regional offices and/or HQ.
3. Provide administrative support to the Office in development, documentation and reporting on HACT plans and activities, including:
a. Document the Head of Office's decision regarding the use of the government’s supreme audit institution.
b. Support micro assessment process, including documenting and updating the micro assessment plans and liaising with other adopting agencies for micro assessment of shared implementing partners.
c. Document the office's approach to determining cash transfer modality.
d. Document the office's capacity development plans.
e. Support the assurance planning and monitoring process, including ensuring that the assurance plan is documented and incorporates any planning required for partners shared with other adopting agencies.
f. Support in maintaining all documentation related to HACT activities (excluding FACE form) and ensures that it is shared with senior management and office staff as needed.
g. Assist in the preparation and oversight of country/sub-regional LTAs for HACT activities and support.
h. Communicate, as required, status of oversight of resources transferred to partners and HACT implementation in the Office to regional office and HQ.
4. In close consultation with managers, contribute to formulation of staff capacity development strategy and plans in relation to HACT, and exercise effective technical leadership in implementing them, ensuring that Office staff have the basic knowledge and skills to fulfil their responsibilities related to HACT, and training is planned and carried out to fill identified gaps.
Review the findings from micro assessment and assurance activities to identify common weaknesses in financial management of high and significant risk partners and propose capacity development actions that can be undertaken by UNICEF and providing administrative and technical support for their implementation.
Contribute to the capacity development of national partners to understand HACT processes and properly use the FACE form.
5. Conduct periodic on-site reviews of implementing partners' financial records for cash transfers together with programme and/or finance colleagues ensuring an effective transfer of knowledge/competence. Schedule and supervise routine audits of implementing partners' internal controls for the management of cash transfers and handling of supplies and conduct initial assessments of partners' financial controls and systems to ensure their conformity to international standards and sound financial separation and controls. Identify the need to conduct special investigations or special audits when anomalies and ethical concerns are identified.
6. Assist managers in risk assessing PCA's and potential agreements with donors from a HACT perspective.
7. In consultation with the Regional Programme (HACT) Specialist, provide technical support, undertake capacity building and participate in the development and assessment of HACT plans with Country Offices across the region.