PERFORM is a leading digital media company with 28 offices globally. Our ability to commercialise sports content enables our clients to reach global audiences across a range of digital platforms.
PERFORM Africa is a key region for the group and over the last 18 months has quickly developed into a leading media company in the region and now has an established African operation with permanent offices located in Lagos, Nairobi and Cape Town.
Perform own GOAL which is the leading football portal in Africa with over 17.5 million monthly football users visiting every month generating more than 340 million page views from our 5 key editions in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania and South Africa.
Based out of the Perform Lagos office, you will play a leading role in the continued development of the Perform business in Nigeria and further across the West-African region.
You will report directly to the MD –Africa at Perform and be accountable for your own revenue budget and be expected to be able to work with significant autonomy in your local market carrying out the day to day aspects of the job.
Your immediate focus will be delivering the full commercial potential of the PERFORM owned global leading football site Goal.com and its associated weekly Print Supplement.
To build on and manage existing commercial relationships with advertisers, sponsors and media agencies while building out a team of sales executives to support you in order to drive revenue.
- Deliver against monthly advertising and content revenue expectations.
- Drive revenue to the weekly Goal Print Supplement.
- Develop key relationships with senior level brand marketing and agency contacts.
- Manage key strategic relationships with media agencies, brands and other publisher clients.
- Identify and develop new advertising/sponsorship opportunities with key regional partners, sponsors and brands.
- Provide weekly reports and revenue forecasting to the MD - Africa based on pre-defined criteria.
- Develop initiatives to help grow Goal.com traffic across the region.
- Develop and explore opportunities in the region to help develop Perform Groups additional products and offering – ePlayer, Omnisport, OPTA, Betting solutions.
- Build local sales team.
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 6 years of advertising sales experience (digital experience preferential).
- Highly ambitious, results driven with a proven commercial acumen.
- Previous management experience.
- Strong existing relationships with brands and agencies at all levels.
- A good understanding of the digital space, online advertising and how it is sold, delivered and measured.
- Natural penchant for selling and negotiation.
- A firm grasp on the sales process >Identify leads > Qualify > Propose > Pitch > Close > Deliver.
- MS Office, CRM tools, basic CMS navigation, proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Dynamic ability to work within and lead a sales team, assume multiple responsibilities and get the job done.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale