Location: Across all NCA locations, Nigeria
Employment Type: Temporary
- The WaSH &GBV Officer Partner coordination will be requested to travel to field locations in the areas NCA operates and partner facilities on a regular basis and will be responsible for administrative and operational and programs support to the WaSH and GBV program.
- S/he is the WaSH &GBV focal person between NCA and its implementing partner, provides updates to the WaSH& GBV Project Managers regarding partner’s WaSH &GBV activities, ensures timely and effective coordination with the partner, including identification of partner’s financial, logistics and security needs and sharing with his/her supervisor.
- Objective 1 Coach NCA’s implementing partner for the timely and effective implementation of WaSH & GBV activities in the specific deep-field locations (planification and daily coordination of activities, BoQs, procurement requests, financial requests)
- Objective 2 Support NCA’s implementing partner in the management of teams of contractors, laborers and WaSH & GBV volunteers (coordination and implementation of daily tasks, support of performance review by the Partner, participation on field staff meetings) and ensure the Partner understands and use all relevant NCA protocols
- Objective 3 Facilitate linkage of partner’s and NCA’s MEAL for effective monitoring and reporting of the two program activities and expected results (relevant data collection and documentation, internal activity reporting)
- Objective 4 Ensure coordination between deep field partner locations and main office in Maiduguri (including regular communication with the supervisor)
- Objective 5 If requested, represent NCA in relevant coordination mechanisms in the deep-field locations
Roles and Responsibilities (Specific Tasks, Coordination etc...)
Related to Objective 1:
- Based on project documentation, develop and submit to the supervisor the monthly activity planning in coordination with NCA partner’s teams from the specific deep field location.
- Develop and submit to the supervisor teams both WaSH and GBV movement planning.
- Develop and timely organize travel booking for Program staff
- Maintain a proper filing of the expenditure physical files and soft copies (e.g.: receipts, payment requests, etc.)
- Maintain the supplies inventory of all GBV& WaSH Program locations by checking the stock to determine the inventory level; forecast supplies requirements; place and expedite orders for supplies; verify the receipt of supplies in consultation with the procurement Department
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment and Women and Girls safe spaces in collaboration with the procurement Department
- Raise Purchase Requests and prepare payment requests and follow-up on their approval by liaising with Finance and the procurement Department
- Track and maintain budget tracker in like with the spending plan and procurement plan.
- Track and maintain proper filing of staff volunteers’ contracts as well as payments and relevant documents.
- Be responsible for the logistical arrangements of meetings, workshops and other events
- Prepare meetings and workshops materials
- Draft agendas, take minutes at meetings and workshops and maintain attendance sheets
- Monitor the security situation and report any security or safety-issues to the Security Department.
Related to Objective 2:
- Provide continuous support to NCA’s Partner for the supervision of contractors, laborers and WaSH & GBV volunteers, the regular assessment of the quality of their work by ensuring their suitability with international standards and NCA technical prescriptions.
- Support NCA’s procurement process for Partner and NCA trainings (operators, technicians, Wash volunteers and committees).
- Prepare all necessary documentation and make all arrangements for movements and missions program teams including weekly movement plans
- Prepare staff volunteers contracts in close coordination with the senior officers and the GBV & WaSH Manager
- Ensure NCA Partner’s WaSH team acts in line with NCA internal policies, more specifically CoC;
Related to Objective 3:
- Logistical support in relevant evaluations and needs assessments and build NCA’s Partner capacities in that direction.
- Support NCA’s Partner for the timely submission of quality spending plans according to reporting plan established.
- Maintain active communication between NCA and its partners.
Related to Objective 4:
- Understand and ensure NCA’s Partner complies with NCA internal procedures (e.g. HR, procurement, finance and security);
- Respect the Security Protocols.
- Where applicable: regularly update the Security Department on the security situation in the respective deep-field location and contribute actively to NCA’s “duty of care”.
- Monitor gaps and humanitarian needs of targeted population and update the Supervisor regularly.
Related to Objective 5:
- Ensure NCA’s representation and visibility including NCA’s Partner involvement in relevant deep-field location coordination structures.
- Ensure NCA’s role as an active humanitarian actor.
- Undertake any other task related to WASH & GBV as necessary
- Cross Cutting Issues (Gender, Protection, Environment & Other)
The WaSH & GBV Officer Partner Coordination ensures the centrality of protection, GBV mainstreaming and respect of CHS and AAP standards in all WaSH activities implemented by NCA’s Partner.
As such, the s/he is responsible to guarantee that NCA’s Partner:
- Respects and integrates CHS and inclusion of all vulnerable groups in every stage of Project Cycle Management (PCM).
- Provides disaggregated all data in assessments, plans and reports per gender and age
- Supports initiatives related to the establishment of gender, age and diversity sensitive Complaint Response Mechanism.
- Complies with ACT Alliance Code of Conduct.
Success Factors/Risks and Restraints
- The success of the WaSH & GBV Officer Partner Coordination’s activities will depend very much on her/his ability to:
- Successfully coordinates a team daily.
- Supports his/her Supervisor to proactively seek solutions in a challenging context.
- Maintain high standards and quality of work.
- Work under pressure and with a tight deadline.
- The WaSH & GBV Officer -Partner Coordination reports to the WaSH & GBV Managers, or to the person with this responsibility.
- S/he provides regular status reports from own area of responsibilities as per NCA Nigeria internal procedures.
The successful candidate must have;
- Degree required BSc, HND in relevant fields.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage field staff and remote field offices
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills
- Excellent staff capacity building and training skills
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- Strong computer skills
- Flexibility, ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel in the field and work in remote locations with minimum amenities and / or with relative safety as approved.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Norwegian Church Aid. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications should be to the "Human Resources, Norwegian Church Aid" via the email: Recruitment-Ng@nca.no using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
- Application letter, and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.
- Nationals only
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.