NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria and had program Emergency WASH response in the Cross-River states. NCA has its core competencies in Water Sanitation and Hygiene –WASH, Gender Based Violence with mainstreamed Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
Overview of Consultancy
Norwegian Church Aid’s operation in Nigeria is expanding and to effectively carry out it’s activities, NCA is prequalifying interested companies for the supply of goods and services. In view of the above, Norwegian Church Aid Nigeria would like to engage self-motivated and experienced individual/team who will be saddled with the responsibility of evaluating and prequalifying eligible companies who meets NCA’s criteria to fairly compete for business opportunities that may be available at Norwegian Church Aid Nigeria in line with NCA’s policies and procedures.
The goal of the consultancy is to: Evaluate bids submitted by prospective vendors, pre-qualify vendors for procurement of supplies and services, and develop a vendor master database.
Supervision: The consultant will be supervised by the Operations Manager.
Scope of Work
- The Consultant will analyse the Supplier Profile documents for initial vetting based on the information provided by the vendors and selection criteria provided by Norwegian Church Aid, such as: company registration, company profile, TIN, Tax certificate, areas of activity and capabilities and reference checks, etc.
- The consultant will conduct assessment by evaluating the vetted documents and prepare a short list of suppliers across categories of supplies/services.
- The Consultant with support from some selected staff members will visit the premises of the selected suppliers and prepare a detailed Supplier Inspection Report to assess the suitability of each supplier.
- Based on the supplier visit and inspection report, the Consultant will assess each vendor, document results and make recommendations of pre-qualified vendors by category of bids.
- The consultant will prepare a database online and hard copy file for pre-qualified suppliers by category.
- The Consultant will define a methodological framework for updating the list of suppliers with precise selection criteria.
- The Consultant will prepare a final report containing the methodology, principal conclusions and recommendations of selected vendors for approval.
- A list of short-listed suppliers for various categories of supplies/services.
- A clear and detailed work Plan on how the assignment will be carried out based on the volume of bids received to be submitted within one (1) day of signing the consultancy agreement.
- A comprehensive vendor database.
- Completed Supplier Inspection Reports.
- Hard copy file of the database (duly signed).
- Framework for continuous updating of the supplier’s database.
- Final report containing the methodology, principal conclusions and recommendations of the evaluation/selection process.
- Advanced university degree in business administration, procurement, management or a related technical field.
- Minimum of five years substantial procurement experience within the INGO or consulting capacity.
- Qualifications and professional memberships, such as Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent are considered an advantage.
- Expert level in data analysis and presentation is required.
- Excellent presentation and expert-level report writing capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within a multi- tasking environment
- High level of computer literacy (Excel and Power point essential).
- Norwegian Church Aid Team will provide to the extent possible, assistance and support to the Consultant. They will also make available required and relevant documents/tools. In addition, the Consultant will maintain follow up and meetings (where possible) with NCA team, during the various stages of the pre-qualification process. While, ensuring adherence to NCA values and policies including but not limited to Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy and Humanitarian principles.
Duration / Timeframe:
The anticipated duration of this assignment is approximately three (3) weeks, the intended start date is 22nd February 2021 with end date 15th March 2021.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid.
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics within Norwegian Church Aid. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values