Starting date : 01/03/2022
Duration of mission : 6 months
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in NIGERIA
Our mission in NIGERIA has been open since 2016. PUI develops its integrated approach with mainly in Health, Nutrition and Protection, Furthermore, PUI works on MHPSS, Food Security (cash transfer) and Early Recovery and Livelihood. Today, the mission is implementing 2 projects.
What about the MEAL Program Manager ?
As MEAL Manager, you will support the MEAL Coordinator to ensure that the MEAL strategy of the mission is implemented by the mission staffs at all levels of your base.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Strategy: You will be responsible to develop and roll out the mission MEAL strategy at base level.
- Training and technical support: You will be responsible to provide training and technical support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues.
- Monitoring and evaluation: You will be responsible to support operational teams in monitoring and evaluation of PUI programs.
- Accountability: You will be responsible of the roll-out of accountability activities at base level.
- Knowledge building: You will be responsible to contribute to lessons learned and institutional knowledge building.
- Human Resources Management: You will be responsible to manage the MEAL team at base level and focus on capacity building of your team.
- Representation and reporting: You will be responsible to support the base in reporting, communication and representation in your field of expertise.
The challenges that await you
- Capacity building of newly recruited M&E staff who are at base level
- Dissemination and ownership of accountability mechanism
- Harmonization of data collection tools across bases and sectors
- Effective monitoring visits from M&E teams
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in a field related to project management, international development and/or social sciences.
- Experience : Strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience abroad with international NGOs, you master MEAL teams management. A previous experience in emergency response, in setting up a MEAL department, or in health programs monitoring would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You demonstrate capacity for analysing and synthetizing comprehensive information & technical data, ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training and mentoring. You master data bases, kobo and other data software, and have a good knowledge in statistics and sampling methods. You have a detailed knowledge of donors prerequisites. You also have good written communication skills.
- Qualities : You demonstrate ability to take the initiative and take responsibility in a proactive approach. You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, leadership skills, trustworthiness, organisational skills, ability to be thorough and to adapt. You have a strong ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« A great opportunity to save lives and improve living conditions of populations affected by one the most complex conflicts currently ongoing. A very diverse position across 2 sectors and several components with great colleagues and partners. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 1 815,00 - 2 145,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?