Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
Reports To: Grants Officer
Program: Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project
Duration: Three to Four Months
The candidate will deliver quality supports in the role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standards needed in the day to day grants management responsibilities.
- Ensure proper filing and archiving of all project financial documents;
- Field Trips to monitor partners’ activities
- Ensure proper filing of all donor and sub recipient agreements both on hard files and soft copy; Arrange and properly file all backup copies of sub recipient payment vouchers and GJs
- Assist in the reporting Sub-Agreement commitments to be recorded in CRS accounting system.
- Assist in reviewing and processing the issuance of project advances in accordance with CRS and Donor Policies and Procedures.
- Support in ensuring Project Holder advances are liquidated on timely manner and they are within allotted liquidation timeframe as per CRS policy.
- Support in verifying sub-recipients financial reports and associated support documentations and recommend for liquidation and/or reimbursement in accordance with Donor, CRS policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Report any fraudulent activities, observed as part of the review to the Unit Head immediately.
- Support in ensuring Sub-recipients advances are liquidated on timely manner and they are within allotted liquidation timeframe as per CRS policy.
- Support in providing onsite training to sub-recipient’s finance staff when required.
- Travel to the field, to visit sub-recipient when required.
- Support in ensuring that Project’s files both in hard and electronic copies are up to date.
- Support in the assessments of all sub-recipients using HQ Finance’s checklists to have a stratification of the sub-recipients for Country Program.
- Support in assisting the sub-recipients in preparing a Corrective Action Plan within sixty calendar days of the assessment or monitoring visit that addresses each of the identified weaknesses in any of the ten assessed areas scored below 75%.
Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- HND / BSc in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Minimum of one year experience with an audit firm is an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration a plus.
- Experience using MS Office packages, Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online database and forms.
- Fluency in Hausa Language is an added advantage
- Being Sokoto based is an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented. Able to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service ethics and abilities. Ability to work collaboratively.
Agency Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Interested candidates should send an Expression of Interest with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document Candidates should indicate in the subject of their application mail, the title of the position and the reference code. Applications for this position must be submitted on or before 5pm January 16, 2018. Applications received later than the deadline will be disqualified.
“CRS is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Grants Intern - firstname.lastname@example.org
TO VIEW SALARIES OF CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES, CLICK HERE