The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Information and Communication Technology Officer
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in installing and ensuring proper functioning of voice network (IP PBX)
- Assist in monitoring internet system operation to detect potential problems
- Assist in installing, upgrading and maintaining all LAN items
- Support LANs & WANs network segments, internet and intranet systems
- Assist in maintaining system efficiency and ensure design of system and allow all its components to work properly
- Assist in configuring and installing system and set up new users
- Assist in setting up projectors, printers, photocopiers, digital cameras, etc. for everyday office use and as necessary for meetings
- Assist in troubleshooting technical problems with mobile subscription and IP phone
- Ensure satellite phones are working and SIM cards are activated at all times
- Ensure good asset management of ICT equipment at the offices
- Update asset register and inventory tracking system with the Activity Admin Assistant
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- B.Sc/HND in Computer Science, Statistics or related field with minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment
- Have experience in developing ICT related tools for promoting agriculture/agribusiness;
- Have experience in capturing events and reporting agribusiness related activities
- Have good working knowledge of MS Office packages
- Have ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural environment
- Have excellent oral and writing communication skills
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and with tight deadlines
- Have the ability to deliver accurate and timely reports
- Have ability to communicate in one or more of northern Nigeria’s major languages is desirable.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more Information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.