School Accountant at Silverwood School, Maryland
Posted on: 16 August, 2019
Deadline: 20 August, 2019
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Silverwood School, Maryland
Silverwood School, Maryland Lagos is a Creche, Nursery & Primary School with contemporary teaching facilities, a retinue of professional management and teaching staff who ensure that pupils live our motto of: Learn Today, Lead Tomorrow.
- Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the Head of School
- She /he has to maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze budgets; and perform general bookkeeping. Responsible for billing activities, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable and recovery is vital.
- The School Accountant is responsible for Organizing Handbook, and administering payroll and pension related functions.
- Assisting Advising on compliance with legislation and guidance, for example LIRS, FIRS, PENCOM, etc
- Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget, and produce monthly reports for the Directors, Headteacher and the Finance Committee.
- Keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with the financial regulations and shall prepare accounts for submission to the school’s auditors.
- Maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the school’s debit card/s, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors to her/his line manager.
- Be responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips.
- Be responsible for the completion of the school’s payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, newstarter/leaver/variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines.
- Be responsible for the placement of orders ensuring they are processed through the school’s computerize finance accounting.
- In conjunction with the nominated staff members, scrutinise and attend to the payment of all invoices and statements of account.
- Carry out and keep analyses of costs and other statistical information.
- Co-ordinate and maintain a list of approved contractors and suppliers to ensure best value.
- Accountant with demonstrated experience in customer service account management is very pivotal to the job function
- Self Confident, Mature and well dressed
- Ability to evaluate, analyse and take critical decisions.
- The position also requires administrative and supervisory functions
- Candidates must posses qualifications not less than HND in Accountancy and with not more than 3 years experience in an accounting position.
Method of Application
Candidates should send a Comprehensive Resume to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as subject of the email
- Recent Jobs from Silverwood School, Maryland
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Nursery and Primary Teacher at Silverwood School, Maryland
- Head of School at Silverwood School, Maryland
- Office Support Secretary at Silverwood School, Maryland
- Know More About Silverwood School, MarylandSimilar Jobs
- Operations Manager at Ashton & Dave Travels
- Administrative Assistant / Safety and Security Manager at ABT Associates
- General Manager at SPM Professionals Limited
- Front Desk/Admin Officer at Zercom Systems
- Document Management Officer at Coinbox Limited
- Front Desk Officer at Masterminds HRSG Nigeria
- Branch Manager (Passenger Transport and Courier) at Vodstra Limited
- Senior Development Coordination Officer, Strategic Planning and RCO Team Leader, P5 at United Nations