Lagos State University (LASU) - The Governing Council of Lagos State University hereby announces that the position of University Librarian is vacant. In consonance with the Lagos State University Law  and in exercise of the power contained therein, the Governing Council has decided to begin the process of appointing a new University Librarian for the University.
- In accordance with the Lagos State University Law (2004), the University Librarian is a Principal Officer, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of all Library Services in the University (in the Main Library, Faculty Libraries and other Libraries across all campuses of the University).
- The University Librarian is a member of the University Management Committee. As an Academic Staff, the University Librarian will be required to provide both academic and administrative leadership to staff members in the University Library.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants for the post of University Librarian, Lagos State University should possess:
- Ph.D. in Library Science or related field with fifteen (15) years University experience;
- Possession of several scholarly publications, administrative experience and ability to provide academic leadership;
- Candidate must have served for not less than five (5) years at the level of Deputy University Librarian in a University or comparable institution
- Knowledge of ICT is mandatory;
- Membership of relevant professional association is mandatory.
- Candidates must not be above the age of sixty- one (61) years by May 2019.
- In consonance with the Lagos State University Law (2004), the appointment of University Librarian is for a Term of four (4) years respectively, with eligibility for reappointment for a second term of four (4) years only,
Remuneration of the University Librarian in Lagos State University includes Basic Salary of CONUNASS 15, Housing facility and other benefits and allowances that apply to the University Librarian in Nigerian Public Universities, as may be approved by the Governing Council, Lagos State University.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their formal Application Letter with Twenty-Five (25) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Nationality (if Nigerian, indicate State of Origin)
- Marital Status: Number and Ages of Children
- Academic Qualifications (including Class of Degree; copies of certificates to be enclosed)
- Professional Qualifications (copies of Certificates to be enclosed)
- Post-Graduation/Professional qualification employment
- Current Employment
- Name and Addresses of Three (3) Referees, who should be able to attest to the candidate's standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, morally as well as on character and integrity
- Contact Address (including telephone numbers and e-mail address).
All applications are to be submitted under Confidential Cover, with the envelope marked "Post of University Librarian, LASU" sealed, addressed and submitted to:
Faculty of Science New Complex,
Lagos State University,
Ojo - Lagos State.
Note: All shortlisted candidates for the position shall be duly informed AND shall undertake a Compute- Based Test [CBT] involving test of professional competency, Information Technology [IT] and General Knowledge (Including use of English) and obtain the set required minimum scores to be eligible for Interview with the Selection Board at a DATE that will be duly AND formally conveyed to such candidates in writing.