Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
M&E Specialist, Health Informatics EMR (Electronic Medical Record)
Job ID: 13-10544
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: FAOGEN - FAO General
Project/Program: A512 - Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: Director, Monitoring & Evaluations
- The M&E Specialist, Health Informatics [EMR] as a member of the project M&E team is to contribute to the overall attainment of project objectives. He/her primary focus will be on ensuring project EMR platform and EMR-related operations are of topmost quality and effectiveness.
- Update the project EMR plan.
- Undertake the upgrade of the project EMR platform
- Develop efficient systems for deployment of project EMR system upgrades and executing same
- Developing Apps and other tools are may be applicable to improve the project EMR system
- Support the achievement of interoperability of the project EMR platform with other platforms including but not limited to DHIS2.
- Design, develop and execute capacity transfer systems for project stakeholders [internal and external].
- Development of customized interactive data use products
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc/HND in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or any other degree with demonstrable expertise on the subject matter.
- Minimum of 3 years designing and deploying EMR systems
- At least 2 year’ experience customizing Open MRS
- Experience working with the NDR including developing applications in relation to the NDR
- Experience with development of mobile EMR/HER applications
- Experience designing, developing, executing and or supporting interoperability between EMR and other platforms including DHIS2.
- Minimum of 3 year working with RDBMS in particular MySQL. knowledge of PostgreSQL is an added advantage
- Experience developing interactive data use products
- Experience designing and executing capacity transfer schemes/exercises.
- Experience with EMR in comprehensive HIV service setting is an advantage.
- A solid understanding of M&E is a plus
- Experience in DHIS2 development &/or use is an advantage
- Must have excellent knowledge of Java programing language and familiar with JavaFX, Open Web App (OWA) and other java libraries
- Must have excellent knowledge of and experience in MySQL
- Ability to write at least 2 programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS
- Very good hands-on experience working with Linux and Windows OS
- A solid knowledge of the SDLC process
- Very good practical skills working with Tomcat and Apache web server
- Ability to deploy and manage virtual machine
- Extensive experience computer hardware, network design and switching
- Ability to develop simplified algorithm from user specification
- Very quick in resolving software issues around Linux and windows OS
- Experience working with any electronic medical record system particularly Open Source
- Experience organizing/formatting of source code
- Very strong Microsoft Excel capability
- Ability to use analytical soft wares
- Excellent organizational skills, great attention to detail
- Strong experience in the development of procedure manuals, SOPs and guidance documents
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and oral presentation skills.
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.